Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

unfair treatment at work

hi all
well to cut a long story short a friend from work came to see me the other day and told me the co i work for have employed the temp they got to cover my maternity as a full time employee in my job i know i hav4e rights im just really pissed off about it i have a meeting with them on friday that i arranged they didnt want me to know that they had done this and never even rang me to discuss what was going on i think they are being so unfair cant wait for my meeting need to know the full ins and outs of it all and im also gonna request part time work could be a fun meeting

sorry to rant just needed to tell someone

xxxx

Replies

• do you know for a fact that they have employed her to replace you? Could it be possible they just like her & have employed her to cover another role? I would hold off all the guns blazing until you know the facts. Your friend, unless part of the hiring & management process could just be jumping to conclusions. Good luck with the meeting but remember to tread softly. You could end up making more trouble for yourself than you need to.
  • I agree with bee bee - don't go all guns blazing BUT if they have done this then its disgusting! I wouldn't even tell them you're planning to go back part-time i would insist on wanting to go back full-time and then they will really have to negotiate with you to accomodate you as like you said it is your right!!!
    you have the right to go back part-time but if they think you are doing them a favour to drop your hours to accomodate the new girl being full time then you have more bargaining power. like drop your hours but not drop your wages to the same extent or sometyhing??
    maybe they are planing to discuss with you your options at the meeting at friday and thats why they've not phoned you?