Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

does anyone work in a call centre doing customer service?

Hi,

I currently work at a vets as a receptionist fulltime, i'd like to work just 2-3 days a week after my LO is born, but doing as many hours over those 2-3 days as possible, and my current role just will not allow this.

I was recently speaking to a customer who does 9am -9pm mon, tue and wed in a call centre doing customer service for a bank (loyds i think) and thought something like that would be deas as i can work less days but still as many hours as now

Does anyone on here work in a similar setting and if so what are your hours like? Was wondering if hours like this are the norm in such placers or if this lady just got a really good deal

Thanks

xxxxx

Replies

• Hi, I used to work in a call centre 3 days 9am- 10pm in a customer services role.
    The job was good because I had loads of spare time to spend with dd. Managed to get all my housework done and keep up with things.

However, I was shattered when I was off and started to get really short with people.

The call centre I was in was a very strict environment. Very strict on timekeeping and lateness. If you failed three calls you pretty much were sacked, bear in mind I would take between 100 & 140 calls per day. 90% of the calls people were angry or just really cheeky. There was always the threat of losing my job. I never felt secure in my employment.

I worked there for 6 months and by the end of it I was exhausted.

I hope I was some help to you, goodluck with your decision xx