Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How does everyone cope

Hi all, i've been back at work now for just over 3 weeks. The first week i ended up going home as i had stomach bug so had a day off sick. Then the next two weeks were fine but lo couldn't go nursery as she had bad runny nappies i managed to get family to help so she was passed from pillar to post. Now today i'm at home with lo as she's got bad cold and didn't sleep well as she couldn't breath well i didn't sleep well either as i stayed with her so i decided to take today off as holiday to keep an eye on her and also catch up on some sleep at some point. I'm so tired and my oh is no help whatsoever so i'm left to do everything.

How does everyone cope working full time and being a mum? I love my job but Summer comes first and i really hope they understand why i couldn't come in today. I just feel like i can't cope. I suppose it hasn't helped as lo has been poorly and i'm sure once she's better everything will settle down. It's a nightmare

Replies

• Options
    It is hard, i agree with you. I used to do 4 days but have dropped to 3 to spend more time with kids. I don't think people at work understand that a day off with the lo is not a 'day off'. You have two jobs your work job and being a mum. Focus on how well you are doing and realise what an acheivement you have made balancing the two.
    First and foremost as you said you are a mum, some work places will not understand that. Unfortunatly (sp) we will prob never change that. I hope lo gets better soon and that you got some sleep. (remember lack off sleep makes us all feel a little bit down)
    take care