Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

guilt

thought this would be the best place to post this. i was ill yesterday and most of today with some kind of viral thing. feeling quite sick and very lightheaded as well as completley exhausted. i phoned in sick and my oh made me phone my sil to come and get lo as usual but i couldnt help feeling guilty that i wasnt working but yet i still sent her to sil's. i know sil enjoys having her but she doesnt take anything for having her and i feel like i kinda used her if you know what i mean. my oh said that lo would just have run rings round me and made me sicker. im sure you mums know how i feel. i know there probably isnt much point to this topic but kinda had to get it off my chest. i spent the day feeling guilty about being sick and not looking after my lo.lol

Replies

• Options
    Dont feel guilty, when you are ill the last thing you can think about is looking after your wee one. You need to get better so that you can take care of her.

Before I had Oakley and I just had the 2 girls they went to wraparound (which is like before/after school and nursery care in their school). Although I only worked part time I had to pay as if they were there full time to keep their places. When I was pregnant with Oakley I had a couple of days off during it when I was sick and I always put them in. Not just because it was paid for but because I needed the rest and time to get better.

Take care of yourself.
    xxx
  • Options
    If its any consulation- i would have done the same. Its not using her but giving u a chance to get back on ur feet and it wouldn't have been very good if u got worse or gave it to ur LO. Im sure ur sil didnt mind and didnt see it like ur using her

Hannah xx