Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I dont want to leave her...

Hi,
I'm due back at work from oml on 24.03.08, and my lo Erin will be almost 8mnths and i will be nearly 20 weeks pg with baby no 2. I hate to leave Erin with anyone but her daddy, i cant bear it, i worry that they wont know what she wants or wont do things as she likes them. My parents have offered to look after her while i go back to work, i know it wont be for long as i'll be able to take mat leave again from 29 weeks but i'm really worried. It's affecting my sleep and all i can think of, i know my parents are more than capable of looking after her but i cant help it!
Has anyone else felt like this, and if so, what did you do?

Replies

• it really is very hard to leave them. i had to leave lo when she was 6months. i cried my eyes out the day i had to go back to work and like you had never really left her with anyone but her dad. but i tell you that smile you get when you pick them up. the only thing that beats that is the one i get in the morning. she has been with my sil 2 days a week for the past 8 months and she loves her time with her and i enjoy her even more on my days off. hope this helps.xxx
  • HI Stacey,

Can I ask what you do working from home?

Thanks

Jo x
  • I'm going back to work on the 25th March and like you i really don't want to leave Summer but needs must.

Summer is going into nursery and she's booked in on the 3rd March which for the first two weeks she will be doing mornings afternoons etc and then the week before i return to work she will be going full time to see how she gets on so at least when i return to work i'm not leaving her for the first time.
  • Im going back to work in July. Im not looking forward to leaving Kara but I am looking foward to the social side of it. Kara will be staying with my husband's parents while I am at work and my parents are also going to help out so I know she will be fine. I know I still will be a bit funny about it as I mightn't like some of the things that they do with her but I suppose I have to be grateful and lucky that they have offered. I get on very well with my in-laws and they have watched most of their other grandchildren so I know she will be very well looked after. I think I am going to reduce my hours though so I will get home earlier in the afternoon but I will just have to wait and see the finances closer to the time. I don't feel guilty at all working as Kara will have a better life as we will be able to afford more things for her and take her on hols. She will not miss out on anything. Both my parents worked when me and my brother were young. My mum worked 12 hour shifts as a nurse and my Dad worked during the day 8-5. I didn't miss out on anything and I know Kara will be the same.
  • thanks everyone, i know it's something we have to do, i'll just have to be strong and remember it's not for long.. Thanks again. X