Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Really need help regarding AML. Please can anyone help?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone was or has been in the same situation. I have to return to work for 3months (NHS) or I have to pay back my additional maternity leave pay but there is no way I can return. We have just had to move 65 miles away from my job for my husband and there is no one to look after my ds. He is on the waiting list for childminders etc but they don't think there will be any vacancies for at least 6months and I am due to go back in 2months. Has anyone had to pay it back and if so can it be done in installments as there is no way I can pay it back in one go. So stressed.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Kx

Replies

• I can't find anything on the web about this so sorry can't help. I would suggest you contact HR and let them know of the situation. Although I would imagine if you're not going back to work you'd have to pay it back straight away as how would they monitor it if you are no longer employed by them.