Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please help - need some suggestions

Hi, I have two children who have both started school and nursery.  I have recently gone back to work after a year on maternity.  Due to work I have to pay for breakfast/after school clubs and the babies nursery.  My husband offered to take our son to neighbours house and they take him to breakfast club but this isn't something our neighbour said is a forever thing so we feel a little guilty.  my hisband takes our baby daughter to nursery and picks her up then collects our son from school and goes home. Because he has to get our son ready in the morning and remember everything he has to do before leaving he's finding it difficult.  Especially with his work and finds he has to go out to customers who live miles away and be back to collect our daughter on time.  I get in from work and give my daughter he super, have tea do dishes bath both kids breast fed daughter and read stories to my son and by the time that's done my husband is asleep on sofa.  He is shattered and i cant get things done any faster.  its only been two days and he is hating it wants me home to have things all organised.  We are only £200 better off with me going to work so we don't think it's worth it me going for all the stress we are putting up with.  has anyone got any suggestions what to do I like my job but due to childcare it's difficult finding anything suitable.