Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice - feeling guilty about returning to work and leaving my baby

Hi I'm feeling gulity leaving my baby and going back to work and my partner works long hours I don't feel like I get enough help and support from him 

Replies

• How old is your little one?

It's natural to feel apprehensive about returning to work - but please please don't feel guilty! I like many am a working mother and my children have flourished in childcare - if you are happy with where your baby will be cared for I'm sure he/she will be absolutely fine and you will enjoy your special time together even more :)

Have you tried speaking to your partner about your concerns?

• Hi my little boy is 10 months he stays with his nan while I'm at work on friday and momday on saturday my partner agreed to have him while i work but now he is saying he needs to work Saturdays and I'm stuck as my mum hasn't agreed on Saturdays and I have no one else to leave him with we just argue over it he doesn't seem to realise how hard I'm finding it he just wants to work and leave me to do everything. 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• The last thing you should feel is guilty. Yes, in ideal world you should be with your baby all the time, but we don´t live in ideal world. It is cruel, it doesn´t care about raw human values. There is nothing more important than a mother being with her baby, because baby needs the mother, no matter what, and nobody can substitute the mother. You should talk openly with your husband and tell him how much his support and help is needed. Also, if you can have your or his mom with you for a short period of time, it would be a lot of help.