Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work

going back 2 work

Hello there, im having 9 month off work as i dont want 2 go back striaght away, but somebody told me i can have 12 month off work, but does any1 no how long i have 2 go back 2 work 4 b4 i can pack it in, Other wise if i say im having 12 month off then dont go back, i got 3 month money 2 pay back, please does any1 no anything about this,
thanks gem xx

Replies

• hi gem, you dont get paid if you extend it to twelve months, unless urempoyer decides to pay you. the national minimum requirements of employers is to pay the nine months maternity, if you extend it to 12 they dont have to pay you. i was worried about having to worl a bit before packing it in and cos my emplyer wont pay more than minimum i just aint gonna go back after 9 months otherwise imite owe em summats. hope this helps. there is info on the gov website, try googling maternity benefits

holly
    xxxx
  • double post oops!

[Modified by: hollylizzy on January 04, 2008 09:44 PM]
  • Yep everything lizad says! I have a copy of my company's maternity policy and it states how long I need to return to work for so that I don't owe them any money. It also happens to be 3 months, not sure if that's the standard though.
  • Gemlou

I've been wondering how you are hun? Did you move down to West Sussex? How are you doing with your little chap?

C.x
  • Hi ya,
    Im great thanks,
    Have u changed ur name on here, if yes what was ur other name?
    Also im having a bit of trouble with o/h parents, so im just taking it slowly at minute.
    How r u
    Chat soon xx