Forum home Toddlers & older children Children with special needs
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

two of my children have Autisum.

Replies

• hi Jo, i don't mind you asking i'm due on 11th may but am being induced at 38 or 39 weeks so could be as little as 3 1/2 weeks away so i'm getting qiuite excited now......anita xx
  • Hi Anita and Jo.
    Congratulations on exspecting a little lad Jo. :\)

Well Anita,the school holidays are here so its fun and games. Lukes been playing out whilst we have had the good weather. He has a cold again,a right runny nose bless him,he stood in the kitchen yesterday and cried.!!! Now to see a 17year olds eyes fill up and have a weep and his bottom lip tremble is heartbreaking,didnt know what was the matter with him i wish to god he could speak. I am crying now. :cry:

Anyway Sophie and Bethanie are ok, being little cats to each other, miaow...
    They know not to push me too much though especially with Luke being off-it.

I would love to get another cat,a little kitten but i dont know how Belle would be with one,she is a rescue cat and very nervous,she is 4 years old this sept, i have had her since she was 4 months old.

How are you coping in the holidays Anita? Hope the children are being good for their mummy. Its too long this holiday,why didnt they break up from school this week?
    How is your hubby? Have you got an appointment through for him yet?

My hubby is still out of work,and getting on my nerves,big style,getting under my feet.

Take care, going to go and have a coffee.

Have a good easter if i cant get on the computer again.

love jayne.x :\)
  • Hi Girls,
    At the moment we are doing lots of DIY. trying to get as much done as we can. We bought this house in Dec 05 knowing it needed lots of work doing to it. Now that we have decided to extend the family, which we hadn't planned on back then, we are hoping to get as much completed before baby arrives. Won't have the time then no doubt lol. When are you due Jayne ?
    Anita how come your being induced, unless of course baby decides to come out before hand. I was nine days early on my first and twelve days late which meant being induced on my second. I am hoping this time to start off by my self as being induced wasn't a nice experience for me. However all births are different so fingers crossed il cope better this time around.
    Jo
    xx
  • Hi Jo.
    I cant have anymore children. I have got the four. Rebecca who is 23yrs old. Luke whos 17yrs, Sophie whos 15yrs and Bethanie who is 14 years old. I also have two little grandsons,Rhys 5 and Ethan 4 years old. I had to have a hysterectomy in 1995. I was only 33 at the time,but these things happen for a reason,i had had 4 m/c"s too,so my body had been through enough. I would of loved to have another couple of children though. I joined this web-site as being an old hand at coping with babys and toddlers i thought i might be able to give advice now and again,but things are done so different now,as to when i had mine.
    Good luck with all the diy. and have a lovely easter.

• hi everyone, Jason in mad mode for the last few days goes without saying really in the holidays, i still haven't got an appontment through for Dean but the doctor promised me he'd chase it up, he went to his first antinatal class on wednesday and coped really well i think it helped because there were quite a few men there. i'm being induced because when i had Megan i was only in establised labour for 14 minutes before having her and i was concerned about having an unplanned home birth with Jason around because he doesn't cope well with blood and my obsiatrician agreed to induce me cause i was getting so stressed about it she could tell cause my blood pressure was through the roof normally 110/60 it had gone up to 147/89 so big increase and now i know they are inducing it's almost back to normal but give me another week i'll be panicking about going into labour early and still not getting to the hospital even tho i've always carried to 40 weeks. anyway i hope all your holidays are ok and not too stressful look after yourselves....anita xx
  • Hi to you all.
    Hope you all have had a good easter and not pinched any of the childrens easter-eggs. :lol:

Luke had to have the doctor to him on Thursday night as he wasnt eating properly,and getting really ratty and was sick,and still holding his ears more so than normal. He has a sore ear and throat so is on Amoxycilin tablets,so hopefully he will get better really soon. Hes getting better day by day.

Hope you didnt eat too many easter-eggs Anita and make the baby hyper,he/she would be doing summersaults. :lol:

How are all the other children coping with the holidays? They get so bored dont they? Sophie and Bethanie do. Rebecca my eldest is taking them to Drayton Manor park and zoo tomorrow,so i hope the weather stays good.

I am taking my mum shopping and bringing her down here for a while so she can see Luke.

Better close, take care, love jayne.x :\)
  • Hi Girls,
    Had a good Easter thanks.
    I have Started to worry a little about the labour. but have made a decision today that I will go either Ashford or Canterbury so this has made me feel a bit more at ease. I see my midwife next week,I have only met her once so far during my pregnancy,so ill have a chat with her then.
    Hasn't the weather been kind to us!, I hear its good right through to Saturday.Bye for now
    Jo
    xx
  • the weather is still beautiful and i had a great weekend apart from a small jason episode in a restaurant there was too much noise so he spent the whole evening with his head in my lap and my shawl wrapped round his ears but saturday we all went bowling and he loved it and then they went to a place called monkey bizz in chatham it is the hugest indoor play area i have ever seen and we left at half five in the evening and within seconds all 3 were asleep it was brilliant. i also spoke to jason's teacher this morning and they are giving me a timetable of thye days and times of his SATS which is great since they don't normally tell me anything so all in all a great week.....anita xx
  • Hi Anita and Jayne,
    Long time no hear. We have been so busy doing the house up, builders here at the moment. We have converted our garage into a bedroom.
    I am also about to sit an exam for my counselling course, which ends next month.
    Life is so hetic right now,
    You must of had your baby now Anita. I cant wait to hear how you are doing, When you have a spare few minutes to say hi,please do.
    Ok bye for now
    Jo
    xx
  • Hi Jo. I had been off line for a while too. Lots of different things cracking off in the family.
    I bet Anita has had her baby. I hope everything went well for her and that she has an easy birth,and that the baby is well.

It does sound very busy at your house,its never easy having any building work done.

Luke is being good for his mum today,he has started to slap now and again,but i am not having that,so i sign naughty and no,as he understands abit of makaton,and tap him on the hand. I think he does it when he is abit frustrated with something.

Chat later,take care Jo.

• hi guys, yes i had him on monday last week, i was induced at 8:30 in the morning with gel they broke my waters about 4 pm and then put me on the hormone drip too and he was back to back, he finally came at 9:23 pm and was tangled in the cord so all in all probably my worst labour and i'm definatly not doing it again but of course he is worth every pain and he is such a good baby name- Kieran Owen and weight was 8lb 10oz.
    jason is coping very well apart from being rather moody he is like a mini teenager and megan is being a little mother robert is enjoying it too he keeps taking photos of the baby.
    take care everyone.......anita xx
  • Hi Jayne and Anita,
    Really nice to hear back from you both so soon. You are dead right about it being hard with builders in the house Jayne lol, but it will be worth it in the end.
    Well Anita a little boy then ! Well done you, bet your glad the birth and pregnancy thing is all over. He was a good weight eh ?.
    My son Joshua who turns 10 on the 12th June has mixed feelings about having a baby around. He has told me his worried I won't love him as much. He is very close to me, doesn't even like me giving attention to the cats.
    I will do my best to ensure he doesn't feel left out. How old is Jason Anita ?, seems we have similar concerns about our eldest sons adapting. I am sure they wil both be doting big brothers with time.
    Keep in touch when you can and once again CONGRATULATIONS ANITA & FAMILY on your new family additton.
    Best wishes from
    Jo
    xx
  • Hi Jayne and Anita,
    Really nice to hear back from you both so soon. You are dead right about it being hard with builders in the house Jayne lol, but it will be worth it in the end.
    Well Anita a little boy then ! Well done you, bet your glad the birth and pregnancy thing is all over. He was a good weight eh ?.
    My son Joshua who turns 10 on the 12th June has mixed feelings about having a baby around. He has told me his worried I won't love him as much. He is very close to me, doesn't even like me giving attention to the cats.
    I will do my best to ensure he doesn't feel left out. How old is Jason Anita ?, seems we have similar concerns about our eldest sons adapting. I am sure they wil both be doting big brothers with time.
    Keep in touch when you can and once again CONGRATULATIONS ANITA & FAMILY on your new family additton.
    Best wishes from
    Jo
    xx
  • hi, your son sounds an awful lot like mine his diagnosis was almost exactly yhe same, do you find people assume when he goes into one that he is just a little s***, i get that a lot because he looks so normal and has quite good speech. your right about being lucky with his mainstream school mysons is appalling when he had problems last year and the teacher was pulling her hair out he was just a very naughty child with emotional and social issues (totally ignored his diagnosis) this year he has a wonderful teacher who used to work with autistic children and now there is nothing wrong with him at all still ignoring diagnosis and his teacher who has put loads of routines in place to help him. anyway enough of my problems your going to be a bit short on bob the builder names if its a girl aren't you? although i haven't seen it for ages as my little girl is now addicted to lazy town........take care.....anita xx
  • Hi. Just thought i would nip on quickly. I shall not be on for a while as my dad passed away on Friday 18th. Heartbroken to say the least. I am thinking of you all though. Hope you and your new baby boy are doing well Anita. Jo, have the builders finished yet? Hope your bump is ok too. And hello to anyone else who comes on here. Luke is being ok,but i have to cry when he is not around as it bothers him. Bless him..
    Take care . love jayne.x

[Modified by: jayne4 on May 22, 2007 05:54 PM]
  • Hello all
    New to this so bare with me!
    My name is Jenni , mum to 7 year old twins Elijah and Poppy, step mum to my partners two little boys 10 year old Scott and 7 year old Ryan, and also have a 33 week old bump - another little boy to add to the brood.
    My partner and I have been together for 1 ???? years and are now making steps to get a house together we have a hundred miles between us so have decided to meet in the middle we know our little ones are looking forward to it but I'm unsure of how they will cope with all the change, especially Ryan who has autism - moving house, school, new siblings, new baby, seeing less of grand parents ....... - so was just looking for people to talk to about this although I have lots of friends they dont really understand the stress that Ryans condition can bring and just think he adorable (and he is) but a little advice from other mums and just to have people to talk to would be great.
    Jenni
    x
  • Hi There.
    God I have so had enough of being pregnant.I have been suffering with terrible leg cramps, something I have never had in my life before, also anxiety, breathlesness and CONSTANT heartburn.
    Good job I only have six weeks left, I HOPE SOONER, PLEASE BE EARLY BABY.
    Thanks Anita for putting your picture on this site of your baby, makes it feel worth the medical symptoms of pregnancy looking at your handsome chap.
    Hi to Jenni, it seems we are due around the same time. I am 34 weeks pregnant tommorrow(sun 1st july) edd is 12th August. ,This is my third baby.
    Advice for you about Autism is to find out about local meetings relating to Autism in your local area.
    Try the National Autistic Society they should be able to help you find local organisations. They are easily found on the web, plus phone directories. I spent the first five years alone with no one to talk to who really understood what its like to raise a child with Special Needs which left me feeling rather isolated plus bitter and resentful.
    I now have two very good friends who have Autistic children and its great to be able to off load onto one another.
    We help and support one another which is nice.For me personally it has become easier in some respects coping with my son due to my knowledge concerning Autism broadening. There are some great books out there for parents.
    Well I hope that helps you a little.
    Jayne sorry to learn about the loss of your dad, I adore my dad and want you to know that I am thinliking of you. Hope your on-line soon hun.
    Bye for now everyone
    Jo
    xx
  • Hey Jo
    Thanks very much for the advice, have just stuck a pin in the map and found out where we are going to lol so will start looking now.
    i've been on the nas website many times looking for schools for ryan as we are not sure if it would be best for ryan to go in to mainstream or a special needs school but it just did'nt ocure to me to look for groups and meetings so am off to have a look...........
    Oh and i'm due Aug 16th and i'm with you on the early baby thing - i was in hospital two weeks ago as i was going into early labour but they gave me medication to stop the contractions so fingers crossed lol he already weighs 5 1/2lb- i'm feeling like a whale, can no longer get up without help lol, i've been sufffering with restless leg all the way through and have only ever had heartburn whilst pregnant but i think thats enough to last me a life time!
    But its all the fun of pregnancy!
    Thanks again
    Jenni
  • Hi to you all.

Ilove the picture of your baby son Anita, he is a handsome little soul. Hope you and your family are well.

Hows everone else? Well i hope.

My lot are fine,Luke is quite happy lately,fingers crossed i hope it lasts. Sophie and Bethanie are fine too,still arguing. :roll:

I am still missing my dad so much,but i know it takes time to get over a death in the family.
    My eldest Rebecca is 24 on Saturday, where does the time go. I can remember the night i gave birth to her,i couldnt sit down properly for a few days, so many stitches.!!! image

Take care all of you.
  • Hi all.

Well the children are all back to school now,thank goodness. :lol:

Luke wasnt too bad during the holidays,but he does get bored. On the nice days he had his pool out,and he loved it.
    He has always had a thing about water. As long as he can go in the garden he isnt too bad.

Sophie has had to have her thyroid checked again as she came of the Thyroxin as her levels were back to normal,but doctor wanted it checking again in 3 months time,(what was end of August) just to make sure.

I have noticed she has little shakes now and again,bless her,so i will keep my eye on those. She is in year 11 now,and she has decided she would like to be a beautician when she leaves school

Bethani,my youngest is in year 10 now. The time flys so quickly.
    she wants to do art and design when she leaves.

I hope everyone is ok,and that your bumps/babys are all doing well.
    There are so many tiny babys around,every time i go over to Asda there are lots of them
    So sweet. :\)

All the best to you all. love jayne.x :\)