Forum home Toddlers & older children Children with special needs
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

two of my children have Autisum.

124»

Replies

• Hi Anita,Jayne and Jenni,
    Sorry its been so long. I had a baby boy on August 15th. He weighed '9'pounds exactly. he is lovely and a dream to breast feed.
    My son Joshua hasn't been too bad about having a new brother. It will take time but i reckon he will grow to love him. My daughter is loving it, 7 yrs old she would do really, a little mummy in the making lol.
    Hope everyone is well
    bye for now

• Hi Jo,

CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your baby boy.

9lb"s is a good weight,bless him.
    Hope the labour wasnt too bad for you. Did you have stitches? ouch.

Glad he is taking to the breast really well,I tried for 5 days with Luke and he wouldnt latch on properly,he was very lazy. So i put him on the bottle.
    I did abit of both with Sophie,but Rebecca and Bethanie went straight on the bottle.
    Glad your other children have taken to their baby brother.

All the best ,love jayne.x :\)
  • hi everyone it's amazing i haven't been on for ages and suddenly logged on automatically, well kids are back so far not to bad although jason has been put in a class with 3 children that really wind him up so i'm waiting for the phone calls.
    we had a fantastic holiday down at haven in hastings and they kids had a great time and only a couple of meltdowns while we were there.
    kieran is doing really well rolling over, eating babyfood now and trying to sit up, my baby is growing up so quickly.
    well i hope everyone is well and i try and log on more often.
    anita xxx

• Hello Anita. :\)

Baby Kieran is doing very well by the sounds of it, bless him.

How are you Anita? Hope you have recoverd after Kierans birth.

Hope jason gets on well at school,and the other 3 in his class dont winde him up,little soul.

Has your hubby got an appointment through yet? If he has been to the consultant,how did he get on,good i hope.

Luke is watching The hunchback of notredamn, he has had Little mermaid on earlier. He is being a good boy for his mum. My mum has been down today,and she has a photo of my dad in a locket,and Luke loves to look at the photo of his Grandpa,he taps it.

I still miss my dad like crazy. Me and my husband have split up too,so its all fun and games this year,and i nearly got hit by a car yesterday!!

Anyway, all the best to your lovely family, hope Megan is loving playing big sister,and do you have another son? is it Robert,i am sorry if i have it wrong.Or is that your hubbys name, sorry.

lots of love jayne.x :\)
  • Hi Jayne, no I didn't have stitches but did struggle with the pushing stage, due to a big baby for me as I am petite plus I had a low lying placenta. Very painful and has definately put me off having anymore.
    Sorry to hear yr having a hard time of it lately, hope things improve for you real quick
    Luv Jo
    xx

• Hello Jo :\)

What is your baby sons name?

Isnt labour a bloody tough time, i am only 5ft 1 ins and had a right bad time with Rebecca my first. I had to have manual rotation and low cavity forceps,an episotomy and tons of stitches,there was 8 people in the room all gowned up ready to whip me to theatre for a c-section,they gave me one last chance to push after topping up the epidural,and cutting me and i did it,all 7lb 13 oz of her,she was too big. And my biggest,i didnt pig out with the others i learnt the hard way,and ouch,did i know it. :lol: I said never again too,but had 3 more.

Is he sleeping through for his mummy and daddy?

Take care Jo,

love jayne.x :\)
  • God Jayne horrible to say but my labour was not as bad as yours thank goodness, did they get any better for you ?.
    I feel a bit disappointed with how I coped. I seem to lose it just as the pushing stage approaches, demand drugs which don't get a chance to work effectively. I feel a bit of a failure to be honest, left with feelings of sadness when I cast my mind back to the birth of my baby, how silly am I ?
    Why does it have to hurt so much??, Mine have got worse on each one instead of easier, and lots of people warned me the third baby is the hardest to deliver.
    Anyway now people are saying I must have a fourth baby cause you cant leave it at three, being an odd number and all that. Plus the fact I have a 10yr old and 7yr old this baby will need a sibling closer to his own age.
    We called him 'Harley' middle name 'James' not 'Davidson' ha ha.
    We wanted something a bit different this time round having gone for more traditional names in the past, 'Joshua and Jessica'.
    We have had lovely feedback about the name from all age groups, this suprised us as we were expecting some people not to like the name as is often the case when you choose something out of the ordinary.
    Of course we are a bit apprehensive about the 'Autism" thing. We are have having terrible problems with our sons schooling at the moment, plus his started puberty, (rather young I thought, was a bit shocked), so therfore he has been a real handful.
    Hopefully things will soon sort themselves out.
    The baby is not sleeping through yet although he only tends to wake at 4am and sometimes 2am depending how full up he is before we go to bed. Considering giving him a bottle of formula just before we go up to bed to keep his tummy full for longer. Did it on the other two and it worked like a treat.
    Well I think I have waffled on enough, hope I haven't bored you,lol
    Luv Jo
    xx
  • Hi Jo.

Harley is a lovely name. I think i have only heard it once before.

Dont feel dissapointed Jo,as far as i am concernd,it doesnt matter how you have your baby,or what pain relief you do or dont have,its the baby that counts.
    How is the little man? well i hope,and the other children too.

Luke has got abit of a cold and a snotty nose,he cant blow his nose though,i just cant get hin to do it,he has it wiped all the time,and i have to rub abit of sudacream on it at bedtime. Bless him.

Better go as the chores will not do them selves.

Take care love jayne.x :\)
  • Hey all
    congratulations jo, what a lovely name!
    i know how you feel with the drug issue as i was given an epidural with my first pregnancy as i was having twins and i turned out i had a natural birth and didnt need one, but dont feel like a falure it really doesnt matter how many drugs you have as long as your all healthy everytime i felt bad i'd look at my little ones and think 'i did that'!
    As far as odd numbers go (i'm mum of three and step mum to two) i'll be damned if i'm having any more to even it up! lol
    My little one was born on the 29th august weighing 8lb 3 1/2oz and we have named him Zane Raven (there wont be anyone else in his class with the same name)! lol
    Take care
    jenni
  • hi all, sorry to but in on ur pages i have some questions and hoping for some advise.

my son is 10 and was diagnosed adhd age 6 he has since had 3 "tests" for autistic spectrum disorder as he has always struggled at school and is getting worse with age, he just falls short of ticking all the boxes for diagnoses though was told he def showing signs,aspergers in particular, senco at school has tried bloody hard from the day he started but obviously no diagnosis no extra funding for special support for him he is currently being taught 121 in isolation as punishment for tantrum as he couldnt understand the work and got frustrated. im at a loss as wat to do nxt? also this is his last yr in primary school so worried how he will cope with the move up to secondary, any advise wld be much apreciated. xx
  • Hi Kirst,

Is there anyone at your sons school who you could talk to,or a doctor. or social services may have someone who can help.

Its awful when your child has to tick different boxes to say if they have or havent got autism or anything else.

I had to fight for a diagnoses for my daughter,i kept getting told she was just loud or wants attention,things like that,it took 3 years till they said yes she has mild autism.

Sorry not much help for you.

love jayne.x :\)

• thanx hun, he has a hospital app every 6m but thats more for the adhd though they and school have had him tested and mentioned diff therapies ( nothing ever came of it) school have been great but as no diagnosis not much else they can do,meeting on mon with pupil inclusion officer went badly, school senco was practicaly begging for liam to have help from outreach team rather than it coming to permenant exclusion but its all about resources and not enough of em

i will speak to senco again as she kinda told me wat i had to do to get him on the better (more expensive med) so hopefully she will have a clue as to how i can fight a bit harder, thanx again for replying it means a lot . xxx
  • there is a website called asdfriendly i suggest posting this on there as the people on there are an absolute goldmine of information i came accross it one night when i was on my last legs not knowing what to do at all and they have helped me enormously.
    i have a 7 year old with asd but it took me 5 years to get a diagnosis even though my health visitor saw there was a problem at 18 months old, still jason's school do not believe there is a problem regardless of seeing his diagnosis because he keeps it together at school and blows at home usually but i'd rather he did that than the other way round.
    anyway hello to everyone i hope your all well and check out that website it is great.
    anita xx
  • Hi Jayne. My son Callum is 12 and has autism. Actually he has aspergers' syndrome. He was diagnosed when he was almost 5. He's now in a special needs secondary school and has settled in fine. Like Luke, Callum is huge. 6ft 3! I'm only 5ft 6 so I feel like a midget next to him, but he'll always be my little boy. Hope things are okay at home? We had a few probs with Cal when he hit puberty!! Fortunately it's all okay now. Glad to meet someone who knows what it's like. Take care huny. Xx
  • Hi Tuffty. and everyone.

Your son Callum is a big lad,bless him.

I havent been on here for a while,been abit down,so havent botherd.

Luke will be at his special needs school until 2009. Then he should go to a day centre. He needs to be doing things,and i need time for me. He is getting to be hardwork at times,i think its just because he gets bored at times. I cant take him for a walk or anything as he is a runner,and if i put him on his wrist strap,and he doesnt want to go anywhere he will drop to the floor.

He is happy in his routine,bless him.

Well schools have broke up again,and its not Luke who is the one being naughty,its the girls,and they should know better,they are 14 and 15 years old,and fight like cat and dog. :roll:

Glad your Callum is settled in at school,it helps if they are happy.
    My nephew who is 23years old,has Aspergers,and is also epileptic.

You hear so much more about Aspergers and Autism now days,its a strange old world.

Take care,love jayne.x :\)
  • well, liam got permanently excluded from school! but tbh it was a blessing as he now attends a primary inclusion unit 2 1/2 days a wk where he is 1 of 3 in the class so gets 121 and is monitored closely also he is being prepared to eventualy go back to mainstream school but this will be done gradually and the school will know how best to support him so fingers crossed things r finally looking better for him. xx
  • i have a four year old son who has aspergers only just been diagnosed in september i only realised he had it when i had my little girl and realised hw different she was to aiden my little girl is now 2 it took two years to get aid diagnosed doctor would not listen it was only when the health visitor witnessed his behaviour was he diagnosed
  • am a worried mum of a 6 month old baby, and I can't get any answers from the health professionals - but did you guys see the signs when your children were babies? If yes, what?
    am I being silly?
  • Hope everyone is well and that you all had good christmas and a belated happy new year.

Luke has been poorly with what they ,the doctors think is a tummy bug,but its been going on for 3 weeks now,doctors have been out to him 4 times.

He will be 18 yrs old next tuesday, how time flys.

Sophie who is 16 now has mild autism,but school thinks she needs re-assesing as they think its more.

Fun and games here at the moment.

Hope all your little darlings are well.

Take care, love jayne. :\)