Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Medicine cabinet essentials

Hi all

I'm due in June and am getting everything ready now, whilst I'm still getting paid!  Could anyone please advise me on what medicine cabinet essentials I will need to buy for my newborn?  Thanksimage

Replies

• Options

Hi there

You wont need much just yet as now many meds can't be given under 3mths but things like baby calpol,teething gels,gripe water or infacol are good to have to hand when needed.For the time of yr as well some sun block is also a good idea. Thermometers syringes for giving meds if needed or you can get one like a dummy much easier. A list of useful contact numbers,i have one stuck to the inside of my medicine cupboard just in case,like Dr's,health visitor/midwife,hospital,pharmacy and nhs direct,never know whats gonna happen and they are all usefull for anything other than baby related.

I have baby oil with camolile(sp)good for after a bath if their skin gets dry or aloe gel also a good moisturiser for me as well.

All the best with the baby.

Emma

• Options

Nasosal was essential with both of mine, it clears there nose nicely to aid feeding if they get a cold, my eldest was born in july and still had colds, also the nasal aspirator, my two werent keen but helped them feed, especially breastfed babies!

Also i know this sounds a bit clucky i was given cow and gate sterile water when my son was born by scbu for cleaning gooey eyes, quite comon with newborns, just more conveinient than boiling kettle aiting for it to cool etc oh and cotton wool balls!

all the best xxxx

• Options
    My medicine cabinet contains pain relievers and anti allerigies prescribed by my family doctor.