Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long do teeth stay wobbly for?

I hope this doesn't sound silly, but does anyone know if it's normal for teeth to stay wobbly for weeks sometimes?

My 5 year old daughter lost two bottom baby teeth in a couple of weeks earlier this year. Now it feels as though her two top front teeth have been wobby for at least 5 or 6 weeks

She keeps saying 'we could always put a string round them and slam the door' <<cringe!>>

Replies

• yes, that happened to one of my daughter's teeth.  Her other teeth only wobbled for days before they came out, but one wobbled for months.  The dentist said he would x-ray her if it was still there at her next checkup, but it came out a couple of weeks later.
  • it can take time - I think its worse for us parents who have to listen to them moaning about it constantly.
    Dont worry - it will fall out eventually - probably when you least expect it too!!!
  • My eldest  wobbled on of his front middle ones constantly till it came out,leaving a huge,really huge hole which was there for months.I'm sure it wasn't quite ready to come out,the replacement just wasn't there for ages.

• thanks everyone, that's good to know. We're due at the dentist in a couple of weeks anyway, so it sounds as if it's fine to wait.

theoldwomanwholivesinashoe, that sounds *so* gruesome - makes me shudder even to think of a tooth coming out normally...