Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hand,foot and mouth

my son is two and a half and had hand foot and mouth. tretament is neurofen 3x a day. but he wont take it, he screans and crys. i had to force it in his mouth-awful! anyone experince this? any advice? how long did the blisters in mouth last? he isnt eating or drinking either.

Replies

• Oh poor DS. My DD had this a while back too, I just couldn't work out why she would start eating and drinking and then just stop, and when I found out she had hand foot and mouth I felt so guilty

From what I remember, it cleared up quite quickly. I wonder if it might be worth keeping the nurofen in the fridge. That way it will be colling and soothing in his mouth

Best of luck xx
  • yeah thats what he does, the blisters look so sore!
  • Have you tried using a syringe, it's much easier to sneak in the side of their mouths that way!

Mrs B xxx
  • yeah he still screams and moves head about!
  • can it still be foot and mouth if they dont have blisters anywhere else.my daughter had it a week ago and has come back today ;-( she is 2. just wandering what the docs said? we have all had this virus too and have heared of fever blisters??sam xx