Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Amazing fitness DVD to get back in shape!!!

Hi there. I gained some weight with my first daughter & tons of weight with my second which has been really hard to get rid of. I'd joined a gym, bought weights, gym balls & dvds. i feel like I've tried 30 million diets & nothing has worked. I even got weighed at my mums last week (I don't allow scales in my house, they're too scary), ate my Sunday meal & got weighed again... and gained 1lb!!!! Argh, nightmare. I've now invested in the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Oh wow!! I love watching Biggest Loser USA. So glad Danny won. This DVD is awesome. Don't get me wrong, it's hard work but like she keeps saying in it, you don't get the body you want for free. The first time I did it, I missed a parcel being delivered & had to go to the depot because I couldn't get down the stairs quick enough from aching. It's a 30 minute workout & has 3 levels. Doing an hour and a half at the gym never worked me like this. It's such little time to give up each day & so effective. I thought I'd let everyone know how awesome it is because I spent so much money of rubbish dvds & I'm not the most co-ordinated of people so the Claire from Steps DVD was no use to me. Lol. I truly believe this one works & it claims you could drop up to 20lb in 30 days if you do as you're told by Jillian. Wish me luck, I'm going to ache tomorrow

Sym  image

Replies

• Well done & good luck,  I have bought DVDs in the past and not used them, I have a wii fit and dont have time to use it always another chore to do in the house

I have been following WW but not stuck to it over the last 3 months so lost about 1.5 stone maybe 2 stone to start with but stuck in a rut with another stone at to 1.5 stone to lose  - and i cant see that happening before xmas and I am not folloiwng a diet over xmas!

Hope you are not in too much pain today and that the dvd works for you image

• Ive ordered the dvd!!!  Hope it works for me.
  • Yeh,well,done Sym.I had a Carol Smilie video I used to do years ago,hard work but it 's worth it when it works.The pain did get better after a whileimage.I tried  Rosemary Conley one I just couldn't keep up with and the Davina McCall one I read the box,took the wrapper off and it in the cupboard.No willpower me.

Well done working through that pain.Hope it doesn't hurt too long. image

Of course you might just have to go shopping to celebrate your successimage

• How you getting on with it Charmain? I love it. I just think she is amazing and makes such a difference to people with weight lost. The biggest loser USA starts tomorrow night. It's really worth watching to see how hard they work and the results they get.
  • As predicted I havent yet used the dvd, well actually I did try but harry kept telling me to stop so need to do of an evening once dinner sorted, stuff for work sorted - so little time but I feel so stiff and horrible at the moment I feel like I need to do some real good excercise to stretch my lungs and make me feel better.

So watch this space, am also back on diet after gaining a few too many lbs after christmas!   I lost nearly two stone last year. after the weight I have just gained need to lose another stone / stone half and will be ideal so think this excercise will just boost that.

not sure i will get a chance to watch that, find little time for telly really and less if I am also fitting in time to excercise.

• gave it a go tonight, quite hard even at level one for me as I havent done proper excercise for a while but hda to cook dinner while doing it so kept pausing to run out and check dinner etc!!!    my legs feel shakey so it as done some good, need to try and fit it in every day,    its good as it is a short burst which makes it easeier to fit in (well a bit but now i have to start ironing)!!
  • Well done ladiesimage I want to be inspired but I'm so lazy,after seeing to the kids,I then gossip with my ma on the phone whilst washer does its magic then it's quick browse on here! Excuses I know!image I did however start that cereal diet Monday,eating for breakfast and lunch.....fed up already but I'm determined to stick to the two weeks! Sick of being podgy.
  • I hadn't done it after a while so I got up at midnight last night and had another go at it. OMG. I ache so much now but it gets easier. I love with it being 20 minutes long. I've been watching Biggest Loser and Biggest Loser USA so I feel like I've got some little fitness buddies to struggle with. Lol. I'm such a geek but I can't help it. Have also stuck the fattest picture of me with my 2 little beautiful girls so I have them as an incentive to keep out the fridge and my repulsive mug as a deterrent too. Lol.

Good luck and stay in touch with how you've getting on

• I have to agree it is hard to find the time to fit it, today i will finish work at 5 get home with harry at 6 bath him he will be in bed 7-730 then i have to cook dinner and sort stuff for the next day I also have a large pile of ironing, harry is dropping is lunchtime sleep when I usually get some chores done

I could get up at 5-530 to do some excercise but tired enough as it is and there are other jobs that need doing, summer not so bad as out and about and walking places more, but i really feel yuck and feel like i need some good work outs so last night made me feel better,

well done sym!

mummabear dont know how you do that kind of diet.... i followed ww last year lost 2 stone roughly  but put a bit back on over xmas (a bit to omuch image)    and going to try and follow it again but it has all changed image so have to learn it all over again!    I like ww as encourages healthy snacks, healthy eating, and portion control  (something I never get right!) 

Good luck everyone !!!

• i too bought this dvd, before xmas-it is fabulous!!

i havent really lost any weight using it but i have toned up big time, and its not just me who has noticed it which makes me feel good too!

i also have ds2 and dd trying to do it with me at various points which is hilarious!  which is fine cos we all have a giggle laughing at each other, nothing funnier than a 3 year old trying to do some the exercises on it!

• Hmm well I havent had a chance to do it again yet!
    wish harry would lark around with me while I am doing it - no such luck  have so little time working pt and being a mum!

I am still intending to use it I NEED to lose some weight!  Been trying new propoints ww cant get my head around ithoguht image