Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice for friend

hi my very gud friend has just had to terminate her forst pregnancy at 5 mths as amnio showed downes syndrome and other problems-she only young and its devasted her -shes worried sick itl happen again-does anyone hav experience of this or know someone who had this then went on t hav a healthy baby?i just want t  reassure my friend-thanks

Replies

• Options
    Oh dear what a horrible situation to be in. I am sorry I dont know of anyone in that position.    
  • Options

I had a similar thing in the past. It wasn't downs but they said the baby wouldn't survive long & would be in pain & it was such a hard decision to make. Seven years later we had a beautiful healthy girl & have this year had our 2nd. There was a chance of the same problem occuring again but the 2nd time I became pregnant they gave so many additional hospital appointments to check on us every step of the way. i think we ended up with over 50 check ups which was really re-assuring. All the hospital staff were so nice & sympathetic.

When it happened I didn't think I'd ever get over it. It still hurts but after 7 years we decided it was the chance we had to take tohave a baby.

I know it's not exactly the same thing but please tell your friend she is very brave & it will happen for her one day. X

• Options
    thankyou so much-il tell her-its pretty raw as its only just happened and i hope ive been there for her-its actually affected me loads-feel for her so much and prayin all is well nxt time