Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hydrocele

hi good day, my son has hydrocele, and the doctor said that he will have to be operated, the doctor said he will have general anesthesia, just want to know if general anesthesia its not dangerous or is it life threatening, 

Replies

• Options

Hi jodrei  - and welcome to MadeForMums.

Sorry to hear your son needs any op. How old is he?

You'll probably get more replies if we move your thread out of this topic (which is really for journos and students looking for help with research) and into either Babies or Toddler or Children's Health - depending on your child's age.

Let us know how old he is - and we'll put it in the right place for you.

Good luck with it all!

• Options

Hi, My 3 yr old son was admitted to hospital 6wks ago for abdominal pain and the nurse wanted to check his genitals in case his testes had gone into his abdomen causing the pain, it was something else, but she had diagnosed Hydrocele testes on his right side, and advised me to keep an eye on it. I noticed 3wks later that the Hydrocele had increased in size, so I took him to our GP, who also confirmed a Hydrocele, he said he'll refer him to the Urologist at our local hospital and to wait for the referral letter, it's been 3wks since his appointment, I'm still waiting for the letter, and his Hydrocele has increased in size even more, and he's starting to feel some discomfort and i'm concerned, how long does or should it take to receive a urology referral letter? Should I take my son back to GP?