Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Obese 3 year old

I'm really worried about my 3 year old boy who is obese, he is average height but weighs 58 pounds. He is very fat and struggles to carry all the extra weight. What should I do to help him ?

Replies

• Hi huni if you want to message me please do, I also have a boy who is going to be 3 in August and is on the larger side. 

• First of all cut out all the crap! no chocolate, Ice cream, and candy. this sounds mean but for real! stop the stuff with "less sugar" cuz they put artificial sweeteners in them and if your child doesn't need it they will actually gain weight! EAT ORGANIC! put a restriction on what time he cant have a snack past and for heaven sake do not let him trick you into feeling bad so he can have his way!!! call me mean if you want but my little girl started gaining weight and I told her straight out! "your not eating atnight time and your NOT going to have a snack every half an hour!" and I told her why! I said "if you eat like that you will gain weight and be chubby! and if you are chubby you can get sick plus people will pick on you! no more snacks at night!" Im sorry but Im not that mom that says "don't worry about your weight. your perfect the way you are...ect" thats a crock! if a child is obese they can get juvinille diabetes and that in itself will ruin their entire life! not goodies, insulin, pills everyday. no cake at other kids birthday, no cake at their own birthday, no Ice cream.... its serious! MAKE HIM GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY! one of the leading issues with todays children and the obesity rate is the lack of exercise and all the crap they stick in our food. 

also get him checked for other issues! look up the cuppy cake boy on you tube...he has a desease that makes him chubby. (chubby is a nicer word btw)  

hope I helped and didnt bring you too tears! good luck!