Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Possible chicken pox?!

My Little Boy is 2 and 4 months and about 4 days ago he got a really snotty nose and a cough, his voice is a bit croaky but hasn't been too unwell, still wants to play an still eating/drinking but today red spots appeared on his tummy and chest area and to me looks like the very start of chicken pox. I know common cold symptoms a few days before spots come out is common with chicken pox so took him to the pharmacy as Drs is closed. They checked him and said they didn't think it was chicken pox as the spots were quite small and they were only on his front not his back ... Not sure if any other reason he would appear with lots of spots and they have now spread higher up towards his neck ... Can anyone judge by these pictures if this is the start of the spots of chicken pox? My cousin is pregnant with twins and we have been around her a lot past few days so really want to know if it is so I can let her know ... Thanks image xximageimageimageimage