Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What is THAT???

sorry for the photo but I've covered most his intimate area lol he started with these spots last night and woken up with 3x as many. It's only on his groin and just 1 on his chin but not 100% it's the same thing. Any ideas mummy's and daddy's? It's all over his genitals too

Replies

• Options

imageimage 

Close up of his leg and the state on his chin!!! ( he keeps picking it)

• Options

Oh your poor boy - that looks so nasty. I would hazard a guess and say it's really nasty chicken pox, but i'm not sure - has the rash spread and more blisters popped up anywhere else today? 

i searched the site and it came us with this too: http://www.madeformums.com/toddler-and-preschool/childrens-rashes-and-spots-in-pictures/145.html

• Options

Hi thanks for the reply :) been to the doctors and it's impitigo 🙈 It's a bugger to get rid of! 2 courses of antibiotics and a bottle of dettol and have to hot wash everything he's touched and clean all the toys 😭 Going to be busy tomorrow 

• Options

Ah of course it is - poor you lot though, one an absolute nightmare. Hope he gets better soon x ps you did get well to get to see the doctor today!

• Options

Yeah I rang 111 and got appointment at emergency gp at our hospital, I've found a spot on his elbow. Think it's spreading. He has got quite a nasty case going to take ages to go! Trying to stop him touching it is a nightmare! Beds are stripped toys have been bleached! My hands are sore lol off to Asda later to get dettol so can give him a dettol bath, apparently is good for stopping it from spreading and helps it dry up xx any tips? 

• Options

It'll likely get worse before it gets better. My friends son had this - she was bathing her two sons together every night before the rash showed up, and oddly her second son never caught it! 

If you're going Asda, buy the Dettol spray - it's a metal can and you can spray it directly on to pretty much anything, kills all germs - hang on, let me google it. 

Ask your pharmacist about the Dettol bath tho - could be drying? 

• Options

Yeah I'm going to get some as my sofas are material it's great stuff. Yeah the dettol will dry his skin out but I've got some oilatum to put on from doc too so I'll just avoid the infected areas. I have a 1 yr old too so trying to stop him getting it too.image

Tgats his chin this morning

• Options

take him to the doctors its free on the NHS

• Options

ooh sorry for him. Glad you took him to the hospital. Will be better after few days. Take care