Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health

My daughter got shingles! 2 years old, help!

Hi all. About two days ago my daughter got a terrible rash in only one side of her body. It was really scary for us to see her with this. Doctors were really surprise. They told me she must had chicken pox at some point when she was a baby. I told them thats not her case. But they told me may be she didn't had any spot. She got her vaccination agains chicken pox when she was 14 months. I had read in some forums that the vaccination can cause shingles? Thats right?. I think her case is severe. A large rash. But fortunately she is not having any pain. Looks happy its only me worrying about her and so little information of this in toddlers. Can anyone had a se like this. I just want to know if its ok to give her aciclovir. Im worried about the consequences in the future. She looks happy no fever. Im putting calamine. Anyone know a more effective cream?. My question also is if this had happened to you. This can return? Im really worried about that possibility. I also had another daughter of 11 months. I hope she doesnt get chicken pox. But i know its a great chance she get it from her sister shingles. Open to any advice of natural treatment or medicine that may help her recover fast! Thanks