Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My son got strange rash...please help.

Dear Mums.

My LO is 15 months old and he is teething at the moment. Last two days he had temperature 38.5...today 37.5. Last night we had maybe 2 hours sleep afterall. He was screaming and crying even though he was on nurofen. Everytime he wakes up he got very sweaty head as well. This morning rash appeard on his legs. Took him to doctors but he don't know what it is. I thought it looked like start of chickenpox but not sure now.image

Replies

• Options

Are they blisters? There is such a lot of chicken pox around at the mo,  it could be that - has he had lots more appear everywhere? Hope he is on the mend anyhow x

• Options

Hi...thank you for your reply. Some of them do have tiny blisters. However it is only his legs and around his bum that they spread it. None on his back or chest. Only a cople on his hands and one on his chin. He do not take any medicines. Doctor gave him piriton but only because I have asked for something if he will start scratching himself.

• Options

That's really odd - what did the doc think it was? 
    I found this - i don't know how to copy it here so hope this link works

http://www.madeformums.com/toddler-and-preschool/childrens-rashes-and-spots-in-pictures/145.html

If it was chicken pox, i think they would be all over his body, but saying that, my daughter just had it and she did not get one spot on her legs, but loads over her body and back. 

Hope he feels better soon x

• Options

Ah! If some are blisters and they are on his hands, legs and face that sounds a lot like hand foot and mouth disease! Super common in kids (my son had it just a few weeks ago actually). if it is that then keep your child at home for 5-7 days after the symptoms first appeared & until the blisters are dried up as it is super contagious (rare for healthy adults to get it but super contagious between kids). Nothing much you can do to speed the healing... just keep them dosed up on pain meds & Benadryl.