Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My child's feet pain

Hi to everyone. I'm writing here because i haven't a lot of experience with children's diseases... my son Brandon 6 years ago next month) is an healthy boy and the pediatrician said that i haven't to worry about this situation but i'm equally nervous...
This is the situation.
Since a pair of weeks, Brandon accuses severe feet pain at school and at home. We tried to change two pair of shoes, but the pain persists.
Last friday i had been called by the school because he was crying, so i arrived and he said that was for the feet pain. They had just had gym and he was crying cause "his feet were on fire".
Arrived at home I made him lie down on the bed and put his legs on my knees. I immediatly removed his shoes and socks and i have made him a foot massage. During the massage i noticed strong tension under the soles, specially under the big toes. I immediatly put my thumbs under the toes and strated to make deep circular movements. The soles are the point that hurt more. During the massages he had sighs of relief, so i thoght that massages can help... i noticed also that the feet were very hot and sweaty, but I thought that was only because he had gym at school and i didn't pay attention on it.
Pediatrician says that maybe his a plantar fasciitis, or an infiammatory condition. He suggests to look for a massage therapist and try to relax his soles tension, and let him walking barefoot on grass or sand everytime is possible. He also prescibed toes-stretching every morning, so yesterday and today i massaged his toes when he woke up. Brandon said that was a great relief and that "now ia big toes can move better" (so i think that maybe is only a simple muscolar contracture)...

I add that Brandon haven't flat feet. He has particullary big feet for is age, but nothing of strange...

Thanks to everyone that can help me....
Brianne