Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chicken pox

Hi all, my 2.5 year old had chicken pox 3 weeks ago. All scabs have gone but she has still been left with some red spots. These will go right? And if so how long does it take? I’m just worried that the ones on her face are going to leave a permanent scar/mark. Anything I can use to prevent this from happening? Thanks in advance x

Replies

• Thank u for your reply. Ah we are way past that stage now, it’s been 5 weeks. My concern is that she still has some red marks from them and wondered how long it takes for them to fade. Looks like it’s going to be weeks and weeks and weeks. Bit worried that they will never go xx
  • Hey Broody, our little boy had Chicken box about 5 weeks ago too. He's 20 months and he does still have little read marks, especially around his bum but is a lot better and they are gradually fading. I wouldn't worry too much as they do take time but if you are concerned just pop him down to the docs for a quick check up.