Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My babys eyelids look blue and bruised!

My baby is 9 days old and her eyelids look bruised and blue, I'm not sure whether it's just veins underneath her eyelids but it's really worrying me can anybody help? Or has anyone else experienced this? She eating, weeing and pooing normally and shes opening her eyes and doesn't seem to sleepy? Please can someone help me

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun, both my babies had this especially my son for around 2 weeks after he was born I actually was that worried I  Allen the midwife in to have a look because it looked like he had 2 blacks :( but she reassured me that it be from the trauma of birth and it will go and it did, she advised me that if he begins to show any signs of distress with his eyes, e.g. rubbing them, getting sticky, runny then to take him strait to the docs but it did go away. If your baby is fine in herself and not showing any signs of hurting her or bothering her then she should be fine. However, if its really worrying you I would give your health visitor a ring and she if she can take a look. Hope this helps xx
  • Options
    called* not Allen lol 
  • Options
    Thank you so much I was really worried about it I had my midwife come out today anyway to discharge me and she said the same thing so I feel like I can stop worrying about it now, thank you for your advice! :smiley:
  • Options
    Aw thats good I thought as much, babies they are a worry all in their own art they! Lol your very welcome xxx