Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pimply rash

Hi ladies

Maiya has got a bit of an odd rash. I noticed the first couple of pimples so to speak prob about 2 weeks or so ago and they were on her chest. Didn't take much notice as just a couple of spots. She now has a raging red/pimply rash at the top of her thighs (not on her butt or Mary at all). The spots are also dotted around her torso and a huge rash of them down her side/under side of arm and dotted on her chest. She's started to scratch a them a bit and says "sore". she is 19 months. I'm taking her to docs later but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts what it could be? they are sort or raised red and dot like but lots of them like a rash. Thought nappy rash but none of them are in her nappy area!! they look a bit small and rashy to be chicken pox??

Last time you ladies diagnosed her and gave better advice than the GP so would be v interested to hear your thoughts .

p.s no spots on her face, hand or feet.

many thanks image

Replies

• has she been ill at all recently?? a lot of lo's get a post viral rash which is nothing to worry about. Have you also tried rolling a glass / milk bottle on the rash to see if it disappear??
    defo doesn't sound like chicken pox, it does sound a bit like a heat rash but unless she's been unusually warm its a bit early in year for heat rashes

best popping to docs honey for proper diagnosis
    xx
  • um, I agree, heat rash?

Did you take her to the docs? Hope everything is OK..
  • Thanks for the responses. We have been to the docs (twice!!!). she is covered in the rash (apart from face and bottom). the docs insist it is a viral rash. she will have had it 2.5 weeks now!! they have prescribed some antihistamin as she is sooo itchy. The aquereous (sp?) cream doesn't help. sudcrem seems to sooth it. Bought some aloe vera gel today to see if that helps.

anyone else had anything similiar and got any tips??? i feel v sorry for her.