Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chicken Pox

Hi ladies,

It's me again..........my little girl has chicken pox. Not too many spots at the moments and they don't seem to be bothering her too much but is there anything I need to do, put on the spots to make them heal quicker.

She's quite restless and irritable at the moment, like she just doesn't know what she wants, so I've put her to bed and am just going to let her sleep for as long as she wants. Is this the best thing to do?

Thanks

Danielle

Replies

• Hi Hun
    My little girl got them when she was only 10 months! Not nice time
    I got a cream from calamine boots & a calamine lotion which after all the spots had appeared I put the lotion in the bath to soak her just, this seemed to take the itch out of them for her.
    I would just let her sleep.
    Hope this helps x
  • hi

Amy has literally just got over chicken pox (last week) they are about the same age to!

She was the same although had LOADS of spots everywhere ears, eyelids, tongue, down below, scalp but she didnt seem too ill with it. She did keep getting a fever but 10mls of calpol brought it down and she just wanted lots of cuddles.

We found calamine lotion was a pain to use but you can by 'Virasoothe' from chemists which is specifically for chicken pox much much much easier to apply, cools down the skin, stops the itching and reduces scarring. worked a treat although it is about ??6 for small tube but well worth it.

Just let her sleep whenever she wants and we let her eat what she liked to!
    good luck! xx