Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am really upset and fed up...

Ok, I'll start from the beginning...

Had regular, 5 day periods using Celest combined pill for 5 years. Then had an emergency IUD fitted and went through 11 months of pain and extremely heavy, unpredicatable, irregular periods before having it out again and returning to Celest. Kept having irregualr periods, spotting inbetween scheduled periods, for about a year. Changed pills about 3 times before finding one that wasn't too bad. But still bleeding inbetween. Went onto Norethisterone last year just before my wedding and honeymoon and had to take 3 a day to stop the inbetween bleeding.

Amongst all of this I really pushed my docs to check for something more than "It's just your body readjusting" - it's been going on for 4 years in total now. never really knew my periods. From about last summer I started having fairly regular periods with a little spotting in between but not too bad.

Now, Came off the pill in January this year. Had a couple of okay periods, fairly regular, bit of spotting. Then in April I had a period that lasted 3 weeks, solid. Then had a normal-ish one. My June period started on 4 June and lasted 16 days, off for 3 and then back on for 10 days solidly. Nightmare. I do seem to be on a 28 day cycle though, so came on again on 2 July and am still on. I'm not filling, even slightly, a mini tampon, but when I go to the toilet it's bright red flowing blood. Only then though.

Apparently I should be ovulating now... how does this work? I am still on, clearly, but my cycle tells me I'm ovulating. Not that my hubby really wants to do it while I'm on anyway, but how is this possible?

I am in floods of tears at the moment... I am so fed up of bleeding constantly. it's exhausting, I'm slightly anaemic anyway, it's expensive and how the heck am I supposed to get preggers like this???? I have had all the possible tests at the docs that they suspect might cause it... want to go back this week in tears and see what they say now. Been TTC since January and can't believe I'm still fighting my periods at 28 years old!!

I'm so sorry to witter. If I had a doc sat here I'd be telling her/him but it's just you guys around! Hubby just rubs my back and tuts, bless im!

Replies

• Poor you, I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. I say go back to the doc after keeping a log of all this and see what they say.
    Pauline
  • Hi I'm Cheryl and ttc too, I agree you shouldn't be going through this surely. I'd go back to the doctors and have everything ready and writtem down to present them with. No one should be expected to go through that constantly put your foot down and demand further tests and help.  x x

• Ok, thanks ladies!! Got so wound up last night, I printed off the last 3 months of 16-22 day periods and made notes on what I'm going through. Booked doc and got an appointment same day. Got back from the docs about half hour ago and it was lady doc - I normally get a man. She was excellent.

She has sent me for some more blood tests which she thinks should have been done earlier - er, duh!! - and was really lovely. Cos it was a woman I really opened up to her. She really understood and thinks it's either something purely hormonal or PCOS which is what I've had in the back of my head for a while now. She's prescribed me some norethisterone to stop my periods on holiday - also while I'm ovulating so might stand a chance of having some TTC sex!

Anyway, feel much relieved having seen her.

Thanks for your support ladies!
  • Glad you're feeling happier and that the doctors are doing something to help x
  • Hi, What a nightmare you are having.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, my friend was having 2 periods a month and now has a 4 month old baby girl!! She was due to go in for an operation on her womb and bits (not sure what) and had to do a pregnancy test before the op and found out a week before that she hwas pregnant!!!

• Hi, What a nightmare you are having.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, my friend was having 2 periods a month and now has a 4 month old baby girl!! She was due to go in for an operation on her womb and bits (not sure what) and had to do a pregnancy test before the op and found out a week before that she was pregnant!!!

• oh bless you hope somthink is done for you

• Hi

Sorry its such a horrible thing to go through.

Glad you were able to see a female Dr, i would have said ask for a referal to see a gynie Dr but sounds like you have it in hand now.

I was taking the combined pill for 3mths at a time at the start of last yr ad changed to yasmin tablets as i was so bloated,these helped but was starting to spot into the 3rd pack of tabs so went down to just 2,have been doing that to date and am doing fine.

Hope you are able to sort this out,best of luck TTC.

xx

• Glad your appointment well image, now you'll be able to enjoy your holiday image

Wishing you lots of luck TTC and sending some baby dust your way xx

• Hi Ya,

Glad your appointment went well and the Dr was helpful.

I hate it when you see these incompetent idiots! Hopefully this will give you the answers your looking for image

• Wishing you lots of luck with ttc and have a lovely hol. Take care x x
  • Hi,

Glad you have spoken to someone who has finally realised that you do have a problem. I hope the test results come back ok and wish you luck ttc xx

• Hi, I'm Rhia & my husband & I are TTC.

I had the same problem when I had the Implanon implant. I was put on it because I can't take the pill (Severe headaches & history of blood clotting). As soon as it was put in I started bleeding & the only way to stop it was to take the pill 3 times daily! Kinda defeats the object of why I had the implant!!!

It took me 3 years of pestering the doctors before they agreed to take the implant out 4 years ago, and that was only because I threatened to do it myself if they didn't!

Since having it out we have not used anything & my cycles have settled down again, but we have now been refered for fertility testing.

Hope all goes ok for you! Good luck!

• Hi all - just an update. Tests were done, nothing came up. I'm back to square one.

Went on Norethisterone for my holiday, came back and had a 10 day period. Thought that was it and, although it was long, was better than usual. Was 'off' for 6 days, managed sex the once and have now been on again for 17 days. And I'm not pregnant.

Fantastic.

So even more annoyed. Been 8 months since came off the pill now and still no baby or answers!!

• It's so annoying isn't it! It's amazing how unhelpful the doctors can be!

I just kept pestering them until I think they got so sick of me they did something just to get rid of me!!!

You definately need to get some answers out of them!

• How frustrating it must be to still not get any idea of why it could be happening.

It did take us just over 8mth to concieve with riley but obviously its different for you with what your having to put up with.

I would still defo be asked to be seen by a gyni dr as they should be able to do scans to check you wonb and ovarys.

Bets of luck hun.

xx