Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Failed this month, again!!!

Hi it's Mandy,

Got my period today, very gutted!!!, I did the digital ov tests and everything at the right time and failed again, I just not sure what to do now, give up, which I am drifting towards or hang on in there!imageimage

I know that it can take it's to happen and this is my second baby I am trying to concieve, but I thought maybe this month as I have had a couple of symptoms, so I thought, u never know.  I know I get a bit stressed and tend to focus on getting pregnant too much, but I really want it too happen, but I can't be getting too stressesd or I would not of ovulated in last couple of months!, but I know I need to relax, I just get really anxious and worry that it won't happen, so I've been taking the vitamins and trying to do the deed at the right time, that's all.image

I know other people do just get pregnant, just like that they are really fertile and my friend got pregnant on the pill!!!. I just wanted to embrace what I was I trying to achieve!

Anyone has any advice or anything that has been tried and tested any inspirational stories, that would be great, I don't what I would do without the PP Girls as I feel really crappy day!!image

Mandy XXX

Replies

• hi i now how you are feeling am going thought it to but please hang on in there your time will come i would gegest is constrat on othere things for a couple of months and see what happens

i take my hat off to you using the o v tesst i get stressed enoth with out useing then keep you chin up and it will happen if you want to chat then pm me

jadeimage

• Hi Jade,

Thanks for replying to me. I am trying to hang on in there, still feeling a little raw, I just wander how people have more than one, I guess we have to watch this space and see, what the future will hold!

Good luck to you to, it's nice to know in a way that you are not alone!image

Mandy XX

• maybe rather than trying every month you just keep off contraception and try and let nature take it's course? i know it's easier said than done, but as you said - your little one was a miracle baby that you didn't expect, so it may take some time second time round. my friend's going through the same thing and has been started on clomid, but she's getting so upset about it that her consultant has had to put her on a contraceptive pill for 3 months to give her a break from all the emotion she's investing in ttc.

to be honest, i don't think there's anything anyone can say to make things better, and everything they say sounds patronising unless they're going through what you are..

just hope you're feeling a bit more cheery today x
  • Hi Mandy,

Sorry if you've said already but how long have you been ttc?

As you said you get really focused on ttc maybe as Jade and Lucy suggested relaxing and letting nature take its course is the thing for you - I know easier said than done image

Sending you lots of baby dust image and i'm sure your time will come soon though hun image

Also did you get your smiley face on the ovu stick and then you BD - I have heard that some ppl have got the smiley face after they have ovulated so missed the crucial time?

• It so horrible getting your hopes up, just  to be let down. I can really sympathise with you! I know this is a really hard time for you & my thoughts are with you!

Fingers crossed for next time!

• maybe try doing the deed for fun or to show you love each other rather than at the right time. I know its hard to relax when stright afterwards you thinking "did it work that time". Maybe just try and focus on how much you love one another and that you want to bring another life into this world and embrace one aonther and hopefully nature will do the rest.

I know it is hard as I have been there myself after our first daughter died during birth I was dying to try again really soon but he wasnt and I felt like I was being "robbed" of another baby. So I jusr refused to use any hormones in my body as they were already up the wall and told rob that if he didnt want kids that it was his rob to sort it out. Hence Isabelle. But I still found the deed sometimes became a means to an end but just try and find the reason you feel in love with him in the first place and nature will help.

Have a nice romantic night out, and just induldge in each other. 

hope next month is better news

oxoxoxo

• Im really sorry it didn't happen for you this month

Sending you lots and lots of

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/Liontasha/baby%20dust/pouringdust.gif

• Thank you all for taking the time to reply to meimage To answer some of the questions you have asked.

It took nearly seven years to conceive my daughter and we have been trying (properly) for about five months. My daughter was conceived on a £9.50 holiday in Devon!!!.image

I really hear you all when you say 'try to relax', 'enjoy each other', 'don't make it about just making a baby'.

I just worry it may never happen for me again, but I am going to try and take a back seat with it and leave the ov tests alone and go on my gut instincts and just when we fancy it, as I know roughly the right time and just focus on other things.

I concerned about to the digital ov tests as it did seem to be bang on with my ov dates that I did on-line!!, so I am a little confused!!!image Can you let me know a bit more about this, if anyone has anymore info, thanks.

I will leave it alone and leave it nature and maybe fate and try and just relax and chill out a bit, not a easy task by any means, but lets see what happens!

Mandy X

• Sorry it didn't happen for you this month, good luck for next x
  • hi doris

i know how u feel i had coil taken out after i got married in july no luck yet but not been trying that long.... and my sister revealed she was pregant just after we got married . she was on the pill too.... went for a scan and found out she was having .................... TWINS  !!! (lol)

just try to have fun ...

good luck

rachxxx

• Hi Mandy/Doris,
    I think you need to go away for a image weekend to a hotel or a BB (try to time it right. Change of sceanary and a nice night out might help things along. Have you got parents or a babysitter that can look after your little one?
    Pauline x