Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Overcoming infertility

I am only 25 and have know since i was 13 that i will never be able to carry a child. it was extremley hard to except but over the years i have learnt with the support of my partner to deal with this. The only option availbale at the moment is host surrogacy, yet this is too expensive for us to currently afford. We are looking into the possibility of  being able to have awomb transplant when this becomes available.

i would do anything to help support others who themselves have to face such circumstances as i know it is not easy to deal with and i don't believe there s enough help out there.

Replies

• hi christy, must have been very hard for you to come to terms with this news, it's lovely of you to offer support for other people going through similar circumstances..

i haven't heard very much about womb transplants or host surrogacy, but wish you lots of luck in the future. i thought surrogates in the UK aren't allowed to charge for their services other than expenses?? or do you still produce eggs and are hoping to implant a surrogate??

sorry for all the questions?! i'm lucy, quite new to pp too, it's very friendly here and a good place to chat if you're having problems xx

• the costs cover travel clothing loss of earnings medical expense etc etc the higher cost is the ivf side i have eggs just cant carry a child it would have to ivf on my eggs and also to prepare the surrogate you also have to pay a joining fee plus legal costs pefore this can go ahead.

i want to support whoever i can just to let them know that there is hope out there and that as can sometimes be felt it is not their fault and there are loads like them out there.

womb transplant is currently under going trials uing sheep and monkeys its some way off yet but i have been to a conference in sweden last year which involved the drs involved from around the world it was extremly interesting

• sorry to hear of your problems and it's lovely to know you want to help others
  • sounds like you've done a lot of research into it.. i spose you're only 25 so you never know what miracles of science there are out there, although a womb transplant sounds pretty major surgery not without risks..

have you spoken to many people who have gone down the surrogacy route? how do you find the surrogate? sorry for all the questions, am just interested as i meet lots of ladies with problems conceiving.