Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Think I'll give up

AF with me YET AGAIN image image image.

I am seriously thinking bout depo injection and sackin idea off altogether. Thought the idea of new pushchair would cheer me up if AF came-didn't work.

So pissed off it's untrue.image

Replies

• Hi, it's me again. Not been posting for ages as I have been on a real downer lately. Had a lovely holiday in June, but still no baby conceived! God it's been so long now I feel like giving up too. Why does this have to be so hard??  Exactly two years and nothing. Had a final appt with GP who said we should try IUI, but we have to pay because of stupid PCT rules in our area. 

I have made an appt at a private clinic for end of the month for a consultation but it ain't cheap. Even though we desperately want a second baby, it really feels unfair to have to pay to try to conceive when I know my body can do it. But we could be trying for another 5 years! It's the not knowing which kills us as we have no control over when it happens, or if it will happen. 

Sorry to hear no luck either honey, how are you? So hard as I have another load of friends pregnant again, even those who married and had kids after us! It feels like everyone is moving forward with their lives and we are stuck on a treadmill, trying so hard and failing. My heart bleeds everytime my son asks me if I will make him a baby soon.

Regards, Anne imageimage

• Hello

Sorry I Know I dont know either of you but just to let you know not to give up hope.   I was trying for five years before I fell pregnant, i tried all sorts of things, keeping note of temperature to try and see when you ovulate a device that checks you saliva to see if you are ovulating trying to have sex regularly – not so regularly and so the list goes on but I think it is the time you least expect it that it happens.  I gave all that up and just left it to chance in the end.   We had started having fertility checks – my doctors confirmed I had ovulated by husband took his sample in and they needed to test another as not quite right before the third test I fell pregnant, I will always remember the month as my husband had been ill that month and I was under the weather, I think we had sex once that month so written off getting pregnant that month and hey presto that’s when it happened.   I am now thinking about number 2 as my little one will be 2 in November but I am nearing 40, I didn’t want them close together but scared it will take a long time again for number 2 (if I manage it at all).We also have a few ladies in our office that have been trying for a while and for one young girl it has just happened, again when she least expected it. 

It is very hard especially when everyone around you seems to be pregnant and so disappointing each month when your period comes along.

I hear that accupuncture can be really good.....  I really hope you are lucky soon. Good Luck.
  • Hey Anne,I really thought your hol would bring more than relaxation image Sorry hun x

I was reading a post on here last week bout clearblue ovulation kits-bout £400 but 1 girl swore by it,convinced her Lo is here because of it,it's money I haven't got but keep thinking I may try it-it's that or give up.

At the moment,no-one I know is pregnant,a friend has recently had a baby-bless her she was trying for 5 years,so as you can imagine im thrilled for her-even went to cuddle the baby last week and didn't feel as broody as I thought. Other problem for me is my AF is soo damn painful-all doc wants me to do is have coil fitted try and explain you want more-they see how old the boys are and think I'm being stupid image

I think it's disgusting you have to pay,but I totally understand why hun. I sometimes feel greedy as I have 2 gorgeous lil boys but,the heart wants what the heart wants. I say I'm going to give up when I'm down but I doubt I ever will. A year isn't all that long but it's still really frustrating.

Rant over-nice to chat again Anne x

Thanks for your positivity Charmaine x

• Don't give up,if it's what you really want you won't be at peace with yourself if you just give up.Things happen when you least expect.Easy for me to say,yeah I know,but you have two boys so it's happened for you before,it'll happen again.

I know there's site(s) where you can get cheap ovulation/pregnancy kits if you think that'd help.I know of lots of ladies use them and they do work for them.£400 is a lot of money.

Good luck.Hope it happens soon.

• aw ladies I really hope it happens for you sooner rather than later.  By trade I'm a complimentary therapist and reflexology can really help, quite a few ladies I know have fallen by accident while using the pill because of reflexology.  might be worth looking into as its helps you relax and is much more affordable than these ovulation kits
  • Thanks so much for your positive comments ladies. It really does help to have support from women in similar situations. I know we just have to keep going and not give up.

Feeling a bit more positive today than yesterday, it's the worst when you get your period and it feels like the end of the world, and gets easier as your cycle moves on and you have hope once again.

Best wishes to all x
  • Dya know Caroline you may be right,I've never believed in complimentry therapy-until a neighbour wanted guienea pigs when she started reflexology-I didn't think I'd be a good case study as had no medical problems,but volunteered all the same-it was wonderful-the only thing it did do was make me a hell of a lot more relaxed,which at time was in stressful job so,actually was a help!

I might look into that cheers hun,had totally overlooked that!

Yeah these kits are expensive but also,I'm worried they bring extra stress-something I don't need!

• Hello all

Just to say please dont give up . Three weeks ago I had my third little boy after being told in 2000 that I couldn't get pregnant naturally due to pcos and almost fully blocked tubes.

It took 6 years ttc to get my eldest Fin now 6, another 3 to get Zak 2 , and Noah now three weeks was a wonderful surprise.

It can feel like the end of the world when month after month nothing happens but be positive because these things happen when you least expect it .

Hope things turn out how you want them to soon

Clair

• Aw Clair,CONGRATS on the newest edition to your family x

Thanks for the positivity-I'm generally ok most of the time! But yeah,12mths is a drop in the ocean compared to what lots of couples go through-but it is hard. I'll give it another year! Ha she says that now-there'll be tears with next months AF !!!!

• Meant to say yesterday try reflexology like Caroline suggested had it quite regularly before catching with Fin may have been a coincidence but its worth it for the relaxation. Also with my last two boys my husband was taking zinc tablets when i conceived . xxx
  • Have to remember that 1 too x
  • hi girls i know what your going though its been 4 years in october for me and i would never give up as it is somethink i really wooont i dont have any children  of my own but i do have 4 lovely step children but its not quit the same keep your chin up jade xxx
  • Cheers Jade-how are ya hun? You been to hosp yet?

I feel a bitch moaning when you've been trying so longimage You understand tho.

Have you tried reflexology Jade? Apart from that an expensive ovulation kits think I've tried everything!image Perhaps big fellas run out image

• Hi girls, feeling a little nervous as we've got first appt with consultant on Wed at private clinic. Have to wait and see what he will recommend for us but keep praying for a last minute miracle to save us from more tests, drugs and procedures!

I've thought about reflexology too, but hubby's not really pro alternative therapies. I might do some research and give it a go though, been reading a lot of stuff on web how it has helped many women in same boat. I'm willing to try anything that can help save me from assisted conception. I want my body to make a baby naturally like last time! 

Wishing you all luck xx

• Anne,good luck for Weds-I sincerely hope you get some answers,or recommendations x x pls let us know hun x x x image
  • Hi girls, well I have brain ache after all the information we were given on Wed, I just needed some time to digest it all!

Consultant basically gave us two options either try a few cycles of IUI or IVF instead. With both I would have to inject myself with hormones for a few weeks, but IVF is a more intensive and stressful procedure as well as expensive!  The worst side is the needles - I can't stand the thought of injecting myself everyday!

Still thinking it over with hubby and hope to make a decision soon. Sometimes I think I might be rushing myself and should be more patient with trying naturally instead of putting my body through artificial hormones etc.... So confusing sometimes, but I know we have to make a decision soon so we can move forward.

Praying and hoping for a miracle this month and for all of you xx

• Oh Anne,at least some options.image

I know the thought of jabs cant be nice but this may just be it!!! Can you try 1 then if that doesn't work have the ivf????

I think ike you,and would rather everything natural,but at the end of the day I guess you have to weigh up what's it going to be like for you every month when AF appears.I'm close to tears each month. I was discussing this with my gp not long ago,he said as I've got 2 already I need to learn patience! Guess he's right,and there's no way I could afford private treatment-but if after another year,I may go down that road. I'm looking into reflexology at the moment getting prices and feedback from local therapists,hopefully it will relax me if nothing else.

Anne-sending you sooo much babydust x x x x

• hello girlies,just a quick message as i havent been on for ages mainly because i have been soooo busy!but guess what?rachel your advice paid off!i'd been trying for a few months so obviously not ages but it feels like it sometimes!anyway i tried ovulation tests from zoombaby website and they made me feel a bit more positive however when i came on the devastation was too real,i think because i had kidded myself into believing this was it!!in the end july was just full of decorating,my mum staying over from hong kong and later nights at work and it happened!i honestly didnt think about it the whole month in fact i wrote it off and we decided to try in august "properly"!

Rachel u gave me that advice and i inadvertantlty took it and i can honestly say its the best advice ever!!

i'm only 8wks so i am keeping all my fingers crossed but babydust to all un ladies trying...i know how it feels and i hope something hppens for you soon xxx
  • Congratulations to you..... keeping all crossed for you too. I have to say I agree that it always seemsto happen when you really dont think it will, ,thats how it happend for me.   x
  • Congratulations,Lara.Hope it goes well