Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

should i gt some help?

Hi ladies,

i was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago. My hubby and I have been trying since May last year to TTC - not as long as some but long enough to start feeling frustrated. In all this time I've never even suspected I might be pg, never even had a sniff of a BFP. My cycles range from 29 - 55 days - currently on CD44. I have tried using OPKs to see if I'm ovulating but stopped because where I wasn't drinking in the afternoons prior to testing I was getting horrendous headaches. So my question to you lovely ladies is how long were you trying for before you got some help from docs? I've seen lots of ladies fall quickly when they start clomid - is it really that good? How did you go about being put on it?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated I'm not sure I can keep seeing BFNs, I just want to be a mummy. xxx

Replies

• Hi MrsE,

If you've been diagnosed with pcos and trying longer than 8 months, I would get some help. I'm waiting for my next follow-up appt with my gynacologist (week tomorrow!)and he said he will put me on clomid then if no problems with blocked tubes or a natural bfp before that.

There are a few success stories on long term trying to conceive for clomid and there's a few people just starting it /about to start on there too!

I would get yourself to GP and if they don't help, get a 2nd opinion! Drs seem to have varied opinions on how long you should have been trying before they help.

Good luck!
  • Hi

I would get a referral. I tried for nearly a year before being diagnosed with PCOS, but as soon as I was given help.

Checking to see if I was ovulating monthly, which I wasn't so I was given Clomid and finally after all those BFN's, within two months I got my BFP!

8 weeks after having my 1st Son, I fell pg with my 2nd Son too....

Sending you lots and lots of babydust; I hope you get a BFP very soon xx
  • Hi WindyMilleruk1 and PipNPeanut,

Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate your help and advise. You have both helped to convince me that heading for the docs now is the right choice rather than waiting.

Thanks so much. XxX