Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

yasmin and clomid

i have a question i have been prescribed yasmin the birth control pill to induce af when i do have af i then take clomis 100mg bit confused how this can work surely the yasmin will stop me falling pregnant so confused havent had af in 13years thanks to depo

so confused and down and to top it off my brothers gf has just had a baby i know ull think im nasty but canthelp feelin jelous thinking it should be me been trying 3 years

Replies

• Hi, as far as I am aware with the pill u normally need to take it for 21 days (or what the dr advises you) then stop for 7 days and during that 7 days u should get ur period. each day u use the pill u won't be able to get pregnant but as soon as u finish the pill u will be able to get pregnant. There is certain hormones in the pill that will stop eggs from being released until u stop taking the pill then u should release an egg so u will get AF. hopefully it will induce AF for u!!

I hope this helps.

Also don't get too down about things atleast ur on the right road to getting ur BFP but I totally understand how easy it is to get jealous of other ppl when ur trying for a baby it seems like everyone but u is getting pregnant but just think how happy u will be when it happens to u! image

Good luck! x
  • your righht thanks yes it is the one you take for 21 days and stop for 7 days clomid once i have a af