Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

just found out PCOS

hi girls,

here goes ..... I had my implanon taken out a year February. I had a number of periods that were irregular and then have had nothing for about 6 months maybe more. I went to docs and they sent me for a scan on yesterday. They confirmed pcos. I am sightly worried about this I am 22 years old and husband is 21 years old. I have a 5 year old daughter with my husband but have casually been ttc. I want the doctor to put me on clomid. I'm just wondering if anyone has taken this and had any success?

i would really appreciate any advice that any of u brill girls could give me.

Thank you

Replies

• Hey i found out i had pcos when i was 19 after lots of tests i was told i would never conceive a baby..... I'm not pregnant with my second. Infact i conceive very quickly so i wouldnt worry too much about it, i know its easier to say but try not to think about or stress about conceiving as it will only make it harder.

If you want to chat about anything to do with pcos dont be afraid to ask. x image
  • that is good thing for your family,you will get second baby now.
  • Hi,

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't put you on clomid. Its fairly straight-forward, if you have pcos. I know some nhs trusts don't treat women if either of the couple already have children, but that seems to be just for expensive & lengthy procedures like IVF etc.

I'm awaiting clomid, but I have to have a bmi below 30 before they will prescribe it (its now 31.8!!!)

But don't give up, as I have had my first 2 regular cycles in years recently and the fertility clinic said if I'm cycing, then I'm probably ovulating, so my body does still work occasionally, just too tricky to pin-point accurately!

Good luck x
  • Hi, I'm gatecrashing from DIS.

A few of my friends have PCOS and I have pointed them in the direction of a lady on youtube, even those that don't have PCOS may find it interesting

(I did when we struggled to conceive, BFP Christmas day 2010 thank you Clomid)

Just search for Carla thebubblelush. Carla has PCOS and struggled to have her daughter, her journey is well documented and a happy, sad, generally emotional one. Watch from the beginning and I hope she can give you the same hope she gave me

xx