Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what next

Hi i was today diagnosed with pcos after a scan. I was just wondering what is likely to happen next and if there is anything i can start doin before i go back to the doctors as i been told to leave it 8 to 10 days before i go back as the results wont be there before that.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

• Options
    Heya hunni bee.

Have you had any bloods taken hunny? As they cannot diagnose PCOS with just a scan. From scans they can only tell you have PCO which a lot of women have but don't even know. Too have PCOS is detected with bloods, lack of periods or excess hair or acne etc.

I had bloods done first, then a scan but at that time which was 4 years ago mayb, me and OH hand't been together that long and we weren't TTC. So i just went back on the pill. Doctors started looking into things when i came off the pill as my OH was going away for 6 months so thought id come off it for a while. But i didnt get any periods, (i have always had trouble with them from the day i started them ), I also suffer from bad skin when not on the pill, and moodswings.

I have now been TTC for about 17/18 months and am at the end of my first cycle on clomid. I don't think its worked this cycle but fingers crossed for next!!

But some women with PCO or PCOS go on to concieve straight away, everyone is different.

How long have you been trying?

xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Faye

Yes i have blood tests done but the doc didn't really explain them to me just said some of them were low and that was it.

I also have some of the symptoms apart from the lack of periods i have never missed one which was why i was surprised when they confirmed i had pcos as every thing i have read has said you either have no periods or they are very irregular.

We have been trying for 2 years.

xxx
  • Options
    There is a really useful book out there, which is part of the dummies guide series, for PCOS. When I got my diagnosis I bought it - very useful in terms of diet, expectations, what it means and so on. image