Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PCOS & provera???

Hiya,

I have been on metformin for a couple of years due to my PCOS and it had been working- been losing weight, having regular'ish periods ( regular for me is actually having some sort of bleed every month, very very unpredictable cycles...) but for the past 4 and a half months I have had nothing?

Have been reading up on Provera and I plan to make a doctors appointment tomorrow morning to see my GP about it to see if he would recommend it. He has mentioned along with my consultant about using Clomid but I am slightly confused as I am not having a period I need to have one before taking Clomid so was going to ask about Provera, has anyone been on it? did it work? any pros/cons?

K x

Replies

• Heya hun

I was on clomid and provera when i started taking clomid a few months ago. As i too wasn't having AF's either and i needed to, to take clomid. So if they are going to put you on clomid they will probably give you provera too.

Make sure you make it clear you do not get regular AF's and you might need something to help you get your AF. And they should hopefully do that for you

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Heya.

How's the Clomid going? How long did the Provera take to kick in?

I have never ever had regular AF kinda makes me feel less of a omwn? I don't know if that makes sense, it's bull...

K x
  • I only had 2 cyc;es of clomid and it didn't make me ovulate so the FC told me to come off clomid until i have a lap and dye and ovarian drilling done. So im not on it anymore and it didn't work for me. But i know it has for a lot of women, so fingers crossed it will for you.

I took Provera once a day for 5 days then 7 days later AF arrived.

I totally know what you mean about feeling less of a women hun, its a natural feeling. I say that to hubby all the time!!!

xxxxxxxx
  • It could be signs of your period coming that's the hard part, some of the early signs on pregnancy are the same signs as getting your period but its not impossible for you to be pregnant. Sometimes after taking provera it can take up to a week after finishing it before you get a period. I have taken it many times to start a period and doesn't always happen right away. I would say to take a pregnant test and if its negative you doctor can always try provera again.