Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hysterosalpinogram- Help!!

Has anyone had this procedure done? I have appointment for it next month and getting very nervous about it now. Its not so much the examination down below thats bothering me, more the fact that they put something though your closed cervix!!

Any advice and experiences would help!!

S

Replies

• Hi there

I had this procedure done after 6 months on clomid and i got pregnant a few weeks later!

You lie on a table and they insert a speculum. They inject a dye into your uterus and can then watch on a screen using an xray camera.

It does not take long and they can tell you straight away if you have a blockage in your fallopian tubes.

You may experience period-like cramps afterwards but it does not last long.

I think in my case I had a small blockage in my tubes and the procedure unblocked it!

i just found this website explaining it

http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/services/radiology_treatment-and-medication_fluoroscopy_hysterosalpingogram.aspx

good luck
  • I had the procedure done and it was a little uncomfortable but not too bad, my sister in law also had this done 10 wks ago and conceived 2 weeks later, now 8 weeks. Think positive it won't be as bad as you are lead to believe.

Good luck. X