Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pcos.. Can't talk to anyone about it..

Hey everyone.. So glad to be on this website and talk to people in the same situation as myself.. I was recently diagnosed with pcos, which explains why we weren't falling pregnant.. I already have a beautiful boy of 4 who I had before the pcos.. I'm now being referred to the assisted conception unit to be put on clomid which I'm over the moon about.. But i feel so lonely, I don't have anyone to turn to as not many people know of this and two of my good friends are pregnant and I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable or they can't share their happiness.. Anyone else going through a similar situation.. Hope Yous are all well xxx

Replies

• Also if anyone can advice me of their experiences of clomid it would be great to hear about it, as you read that many articles about it you don't know what to really expect xx
  • Just to let u know some good about PCOS, yes it took almost 2 years and very irregular periods, 2 cycles of clomid and then while waiting for a lap and dye and ov drilling I fell pregnant.

I had decided to make some changes in my life I went part time at work as it stressed me out, I started having reflexology at the same time which amazingly regulated my periods and 2 months after that I fell pregnant!! A combo of the changes and the fact I wasn't actually trying!! As was waiting for the lap n dye!!

So my point is it can happen even with PCOS and as the above poster says it might just take longer than others.

Clomid didn't work for me but I know there's a lot of women it gas worked for.

I'd also suggest looking at the LTTC forum as there's a few ladies on there that are in clomid

Good luck

X x x
  • hi, if you look down in this thread iv shared my story, have a read of it, hope this helps x
  • Sorry you feel you cant talk to any about this, i also felt the same when i was diagnosed 3 yrs ago. I too also had a son and then couldnt fall pregnant with a 2nd child, i was told to lose some weight (i wasnt majorly big but my BMI made me overweight, i lost about a stone then got put on metformin for a month then onto clomid and i fell pregnant with my daughter on my 2nd cycle. Thought we would have to go down the clomid route again for baby no3 so used no contraception and i am now pregnant! lol!! not planned but very very happy! due in 3 weeks!!!!!

Good luck with the clomid! i thought it was wonderfull stuff!!!! image xx
  • Hiya

I have PCOS too! I'm 32 and now pregnant with my 3rd child. It takes longer but keep the faith, it is possible for ladies with our condition to fall preg. Have u been tested for endometriosis? PCOS is really common although there are still many people out there who don't understand what it is. I found out because I had bad mood swings, irregular periods and excess body hair. I tried all the contraceptive pills I could trying to regulate my periods and curb my hormones. I hope you find the solution to help you get pg... have you also tried the ovulation predictors?
  • Hi girls..

Thank you for all your support it's such a relief to finally speak to people who understand or who are goin through the same situation. It also gives me hope from hearin all your success stories and I hope all your dreams continue to come true. I felt really selfish at first because I already had a wee boy, but as you know there is nothing worst than a couple bein told they may not be able to conceive. My partner has been strong for me the whole time, but he doesn't seem as hopefully as I am! He sees that things could go wrong, whereas I have the dream and talk as if it will happen.. Should I be brought down to reality??

Hope yous lovely ladies are well xxx