Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Life after babies with PCOS

Hi ladies,

Most of you wont know me as i've not been on here for AGES. I have PCOS and concieved both children with Clomid. Little boy who is 2.5 and a little girl who is 11 months.

Does anyone know the best course of action of what to do once you've had the children? I am currently back on the pill BUT i am so moody and grumpy and generally low all the time and i wondered if it was the pill doing it to me as it is fairly different throughout the month.

I've actually stopped taking it this month to see if it makes a different,

AF's were well and truely non existant before babies and i only have them now because of pill.

Sx

Replies

• I have PCOS and find the pill can really affect my moods, and actually make me quite depressed and anxious. I had my little boy last August and went straight back on cerezette after I had him, but I have just stopped taking it again and I feel better already. I found microgynon better actually, but I wasn't allowed that due to being overweight after pregnancy. I think stopping the pill completely is probably the best thing if you don't mind using other birth control, but maybe try a different type of pill as it might suit you better, and if you are worried about not having periods? Sorry probably not much help but thought I would let you know you are not alone with the hormonal moods! X
  • Oh thats great to know its not just me that feels like this, i have stopped taking it for now and see it improves my mood etc. I have also started feeling anxious which i have NEVER experienced before. Sxx