Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice needed

Hi all,

Hubby and I have been ttc now for about 15months without much luck!

I have a long history of 'girlie' problems, I had ovarian cancer 10 years ago and had to lose an ovary and 1 of my fallopian tubes, although I did manage to fall pregnant with my daughter after this. I still seem to suffer lots of abdominal pains and really heavy bleeding and I wonder if I may have pcos or endometriosis but my doctor always says no I don't have anything like that and sends me on my way with more painkillers and pills to reduce the bleeding, this has all caused me to put on a lot of weight as sometimes I can barely walk to the loo nevermind excercise, but I amm trying to lose weight. Ihad a mirena coil fitted for 3 years to see if it would help, which to an extent did as the bleeding almost stopped, although I still suffered severe pain, I've now obviously had this removed and now periods are all over the place I either bleed constantly for weeks on end or can go weeks without anything at all, as a result I've no idea when my actual period should be and when I seen a gyny doc he said cos my periods are all over the place I'd probably find it impossible to conceive. I'm just wondering about buying ovulation predictor to see if it will help, my doctor told me to save my money when I asked her about it!

I've been having blood taken for the last 6 weeks to check if I was ovulating but always negative, hubby had sperm check which was all ok. Doc then said she'd refer me to fertility clinic but she has now gone on maternity leave herself and I got a horrible man doc the other day who says I've probably not been trying long enough and that me being overweight is the problem not anything else. I left the surgery in tears

Sorry for rambling on but I really just wondered if anyone knows if it'd be worth buying the predictor kit or like doc says save my pennies and just keep trying. Sorry to bore you, but thanks in advance. x

Replies

• hi. sorry to hear about ur troubles ttc. i've been using an app on my phone while ttc it tracks ur period and gives u a week window of when ur ovualting not too sure if its working but its worth a shot for free image xx

• Hiya - firstly you are not a bore image

sorry to hear you are having troubles you really sound to have gone through the mill.  Regarding buying OPK i have to say don't bother, i have medical issues too which are making it hard to concieve and i think these kits only work if you are a text book case and everything is hunky dory.  I used them when trying to concieve my little girl while on Clomid and they said i wasn't ovulating however the next month i was pregnant.  It is worth saving your money.  That dr sounds well out of order telling you what he did, you know your body better than he does, iv found that being a strong person and voicing your view while in the surgery does help and they dont bully you then you can always ask for a second opinion too - i learnt from experience.  Hope all goes well, take care

• Hi, sorry to hear about your ttc problems , i think you should go to your docs and demand to be reffered to the gynocolagy department at the hospital so they can do scans to find out what is causeing the pain and irregular bleeding, its not wright that they are not doing anything about this, if they refuse go to AE, considering what happened to you in the past they should be jumping all over this, a simple scan would find out what is going on, i think maybe you should change drs aswell as i am very surprised at the lack of care your being provided with. I hope all goes well and good luck x