Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Just diagnosed with PCOS

Hi all - after 6 months and only 1 period I went to see the doctor who referred me to a gynaecologist. Anyway, I had a scan and they found that my right ovary is covered in cysts and my left ovary has cysts and 1 large cyst which is 6cm long. I have to go back in 6 weeks to see if the large cyst has disappeared on its own and in the mean time she said to change my diet to a low gi one. I'm really upset and confused as to if there's anything else I can do to improve things. Also frustrated that I have to wait 6 weeks. Are there any other PCOS girls out there that can give me any advice and hope as I'm feeling worried and stressed about it.

Replies

• Hey I too have PCOS and was told to switch to a low GI diet, I did this and started taking agnus castus and also used conceive plus and we were pregnant within a month and half of starting these 3 things. We'd previously been trying for a year and a half. Try it, you never know what might happen. The PCOS guide for dummies is a really good book with loads of ideas and recipes.

Xxx
  • Thanks for your reply - she told me to try a low gi diet and I will buy some agnus castes too but presumably nothing will happen whilst I'm not having periods? Or may doing this bring them on?

Thanks again
  • Hiya, your welcome. Agnust castus is a herbal supplement and from what I have read it resets your pituary gland which in turn controls all our hormones so should help regulate ovulation (my cycles were instantly shorter when I started taking it), the low GI things works in much the same way, by stabilizing your blood sugar levels your hormones regulate and your periods become regular so all of these things should help to kick start your cycle. Xxx
  • I was diagnosed with PCOS at 18 and married my husband 4 months ago. We expected a long battle to get pregnant so I came off the pill straight away and fell pregnant 2 months later!

I think we have been very lucky, but it does show that PCOS does not always mean infertility.

• Hi all, I've been back to the doctor today and fortunately my large cyst has shrunk and they've put me on Metformin. any had any good and/or bad experiences with it? Thanks

• I was on Metformin for PCOS. My experience with the drug was all good. No side effects apart from some weight loss (not complaining there though)! Be aware through that it is also used to increase fertility in PCOS sufferers! Trust me i know. I was told that it was almost impossible for me to fall pregnant again after having my 2 girls. 6 months of Metformin wolla i now have a 8 month old beautiful boy.