Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

CLOMID SUCCESS

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone had any stories they could share with me about the use of Clomid, i have been TTC for 2 and half years and after having tests i was told i had PCOS, partners tests all came back fine, i am currently on day 3 of taking provera to kick start my cycle, then once this starts (hopefully next week) i will be starting my first lot of CLOMID oills - anyone else had this treatment? i wasnt really told much about it at the time and im collecting all of my information from the web so any advice / success stories would be greatly appreciated

thanks so much

Trac xxx

Replies

• Hi Costella image

I have just taken my first 50mg dose of Clomid today on CD3 and will take till CD7.

I too have PCOS although I have pretty regular cycles and ovulate. TTC 12months. All the information I have gathered has been via the internet. Doctors didnt really explain to me as much as I would have liked, so decided would collect as much info wherever I could.

I  would love to stay connected with you to see how we go with the Clomid and I can let you know how I am going. There are a lot of success stories for Clomid so I am just staying positive and calm.

Hope to hear soon

Jay xx

• hi Jay,

really sorry i havent replied sooner - i didnt get any notification from your post - how strange!

so im guessing your done with your first cycle on your clomid now? how did you find it all? any luck yet?

I came on yesterday and was supposed to start my first clomid pill today (iv actually just added a new post about this) as when i went to take it today i have come off already - i was only bleeding for one day so i dont know whether i should class it as an actual cycle or not - i thought it would of lasted a lot longer and been a lot heavier considering i had to take 10 days worth of provera to even kick start it

hope to hear from you soon - ill come back and check this post as i dont seem to be getting notifications - or you can always email me on traceycostella@hotmail.com

trace x

• Hi Trace,

Yea I've finished with my first round of clomid. Not too bad. A few hot flushes and couple of teary moments. My first cycle using OPK's too. I was a little worried as I'd heard that with PCOS they sometimes give false positives. But it showed a surge on days 13 and 14 of cycle and then nothing so Im praying I ovulated on day 14 or 15. In the waiting period now and all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and stay relaxed....thats easier said then done though lol.

Wow that is tricky that you only had one day of bleeding. Did you start the Clomid? I'll email you this response just in case it doesn't notify you and please feel free to keep in touch any time you need. This is my first time using a board like this but am finding it comforting to have women going through the same experiences as myself. It can be a very emotional rollercoaster.

Lots of love and best wishes for Christmas and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jay x