Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm new here.. I have PCOS and I'm trying for a baby..

I'm Dannielle. I've been with my partner, Danny, for just a year and a half. I'm only 19. But we are POSITIVE that we want a baby. Together.  Judge me.. by all means, I'm young yeah. But I do know what I want so PLEASE, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing to me.. Problem is, PCOS. I have been dignosed with it since I was 15 and I've never really had it explained to me. I need a new doctor but I also need some friendly pregnancy pals that are like me, TRYING to conceive. Please, feel free to message me! I'm Dannielle. My partner is Danny and we'd like to say HI.

I don't have a clue where to start or what to do. I've started taking pregaday (folic acid and iron tablets) and I've booked a scan with my gynocologist. I've been thinking about trying 'Clomid'? If anyone has used or heard about then, please message me image

Good luck to you all trying to concieve...

and everyone still trying! Don't give up! image Good luck. *BABY DUST* xxx

Replies

•  Hi. I am 25 and new to the forum too. Me and my hubby David  are just beginning to TTC. Theres a similar convo going on on another new post with a couple of responses so may be worth joining in that one though that also discusses coming off the pill (TTC with PCOS and coming off the pill) and there are others that discuss clomid in particular. The best advice seems to be to ignore the attitude of you may not be able to conceive and just try. Sex every other night seems to be best and to try and track ovulation if you have regular periods. Otherwise your gyno should be able to give you advice or at least check if you are ovulating. 

• Hi, i too am new to the forum i have PCOS and have had it for years, however i have just found out that i am pregnant!!!! .. so there is hope!! i am 5 weeks at the moment and i have an early assesment scan this friday as i am classed as high risk .. try to be positive .. good luck image xx

• P.s how long were you trying?
  • Hi me and my husband have been trying to conceive for two years now. I am 21 and my husband is 23. I was diagnosed with pcos and have had treatment and now I am on my second round of clomid 50 mg and due for an insemination on the 15th. I'm on cd10 and started on my opk testing this morning. Fingers crossed I get my positive o test before or shortly after insemination. Baby dust!
  • Hi who's cares what people think, it's your life and tour decision only you can be the judge as to whether it was a right decision or not so don't worry about it. I don't have this problem but a friend of mines does and she now has 4 children. All I can tell you is everytime she wanted a baby she took something called Dianet I think it's spelt for one month and she got court straight away each time.

Hope this helps
  • Hi dannielle, mine names kirsty image I'm 20 and have also been with my partner for a year and a half. I came off the cerazette pill at the end of february so we have only recently began the process of ttc. I also suffer with pcos and don't have much idea about what it involves apart from docs won't begin any treatments until we have been trying for a year. I know it is early days but i was so gutted when AF turned up on monday as expected. Its nice to find people in the same situation with people same sort of age as me cuz all I find people say to me is don't worry you've got plenty of years. Just because we are young doesn't mean its any easier coming to terms with fertility problems. I first got diagnosed with pcos just before me and my partner got together but then doctors messed me around and kept changing their minds as to what is wrong. Then they diagnosed me again with it at the beginning of february which is why we decided its best for me to come off the mini pill and start to try for a baby. I just wanted to let you know your not alone with people judging but so what, its ur body and only you two as a couple know what is best for you's. Us trying to conceive may be a very long process but it may not, as long as your prepared for life with a baby now that's all that matters. I wish you all the luck in the world with trying sending lots and lots of baby dust your way. All the best, kirsty xx
  • I agree with kirsty entirely. we may be young but we know what we want and if our partners agree and if we can do what we need to to support our babies then more power to us. Baby dust too both of you. image