Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

pregnancy worries with polycystic ovary syndrome

Hi, i have just found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant .. i am over the moooooooooooon .. my last period was 21st january and I'm like clockwork every 28 days - which i know is strange for polycystic

I have been to see the doctor today and i am going for a scan on friday i will be 5 weeks and 5 days what can i expect to see?

as i am classed as high risk i am being sent early as obviously i am concerned about miscarriage as i know chances increase to around 45%

I have had cramping which I’ve been told is normal and a slight brown discharge occasionally over the past few days (sorry for the graphics)

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and could give me peace of mind

I want this baby so much but the worry is taking the joy out of it at the moment as I’m so scared, I think with polycystic you have the negatives continually drummed into you it would be nice to hear some positives!

thanks

D x

Replies

• congra im happy for you if i were you i will be positive instead of thnkng abt misc, remember not to stress if you thnk abt misc that means you are stressing yourself. enjoy your pregnancy. if i may asks ur last periods was on the 21 and i can see you are 5 weeks already tht means myb u get preg 1 day after ur periods theres no week between ur periods and pregnancy i dnt knw if im making sense im just trying to find out when did u get preg. congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sending hugs

• thank you image)))))) 

i am trying to be positive and trying not to go google crazy haha!! ive told my partner we have to just take it a day at a time thats all we can do .. i am so excited though :0)

the first day of my last period was 21st jan so according to the due date calculator conception was 4th feb maybe? i was due on my period on the 17th so i did a test on 22nd feb

• oky im happy for you, lol u cant stop googling i knw that u wont stop its in your blood now now once you start searching its hard to stop

• dixiede how long have you been trying as i see u get preg straight on day 14. have u ever had miscarriege before or any kids

• I have never been pregnant before and for many years we didnt use contraception at all as i thought my chances were slim but i had the copper coil fitted as a precaution and had it taken out in december 2012 as it caused me nothing but misery