Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

is it necessary to treat pcos??

can anyone(better if a doctor gynaecologist) explain,that if its neceesary to take the pill(medications) regularly to treat PCOS??? i m 22 years old,,i never had my periods regular,i have used multiple drugs to menstruate,,,since last 2 years my periods have become regular,but last only for 2 days,, i have consulted my gynaecologist,she said we can treat hirsutism(hair growth and acne) by giving anti androgens,,, i am surprised about that ,,,ino proper treatment for PCOS??? further she asked me to marry and conceive as soon as possible image but i have to complte my studies ,,i cnt marry for atleast 5 more years,,, i never feel any pain during mentruation,,i was obese,,but now i have lost 15 kg(previously it was 70 image) ,,,kindly give me some good advice,,,one thing more i had hormonal test+ultrasound on 4 feb 2013,but i was told to repeat hormonal test on 2nd day of periods and u/s on 10 day,,above all i believe fertility and all the other things are in ALLAH ALMIGHTY's hand,,He will definately do something better for us,,,image