Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

clomid?

I have pcos , irregular cycles so have been taking provera to bring on cycle , i start today with the 50mg of clomid.....i dont completley understand how this works.? I take clomid for 5 days and have a scan to see if its working, when would i ovulate on this treatment? Does clomid make u produce more eggs as ive been told its a boost for the ovaries? X

Replies

• You'll normally ovulate around day 12 - 16 but they'll be able to give you a better idea when they scan you. Clomid restricts a specific hormone and your ovaries go into overdrive trying to compensate for it. This causes them to producE more or bigger follicles which contain the eggs. Around day 12 you'll get a release of lutenizing hormone which causes the follicle to rupture and release the egg. You can buy ovulation steps at tesco - ??7 for 7 or online (much cheaper) and these give you a good idea of when you will ovulate. Ideally you should have intercourse 12 hours before you ovulate to give the sperm time to get up into the Fallopian tube.

Good luck!