Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC with PCOS naturally

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site and wanted some information and wondered if anyone could share their experiences of TTC with PCOS, ideally naturally although I'm willing to try anything.

Background: I'm 25 and have had 2 m/c 2 years ago, its taken a while but I'm finally ready to try again. I have come off the pill (I was on Dianette for 3 months) which made my PCOS symptoms even worse and I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can, avoid alcohol and exercise regularly. 

The trouble is, I don't have regular periods at all, I can have 2 in a month and then nothing for 3 months or a period that lasts for 3 weeks which is a nightmare so I don't know how I can track when I'm ovulating/ when is best to have sex.

Any advice would be much appreciated and any past experiences  you can share. I've struggled getting pregnant in the past ans following my previous m/c I am very anxious and worried...just want it to happen!

Thanks,

Hannah

Replies

• Options

I have PCOS and now have an 8 month old baby boy who was conceived without medical help.  I tried naturally for 22 months (ish) and then I made some changes and fell pregnant within two months.  The changes I made were:- I went on a low GI diet, used conceive plus (from boots) every time we had sex and had sex every other day from CD7 to CD28.  I also took Agnus Castus, the first month I took it every day once a day until my period started.  I calculated roughly when I ovulated by taking my cycle length (I think it was about 44 days) and subtracting 14 days (as you ovulate 14 days before you start your period), then the second month I took Agnus Castus up until the estimated ovulation day (so CD 30) of the previous month - and that was the month I fell pregnant.

Good Luck it can happen.

X

• Options

Thanks for the advice, I've just done some research on a low GI diet and it looks like it could be a good idea! I'm off to town today so I'm going to buy some conceive plus if I can find them or a similar alternative to try and help...anything that's worked in the past for someone is worth giving a try!

x

• Options

managin PCOS for dummies was a brilliant book with loads of GI info and recipes - was like my bible ha ha so might be worth giving that a read. Good luck with it all. X

• Options

Hi Hannah,

I'm in a similar situation to you. I have really irregular cycles, pcos-induced; one cycle was 58 days, another was 13, another 17, and I'm not ovulating...isn't it frustrating?! Weirdly, that's the only symptom I'm showing - I'm not overweight (BMI= 21), I eat very healthily, I exercise a lot and my diet is generally low GI. 

I bought some ovulation test sticks from Amazon - they cost about £8 for 50 and I use them from the time I finish my fake-AF to see when/if I'm ovulating. I haven't (yet...trying to stay positive!) but will keep going with it.

Also, do you do all the charting stuff? The book 'Taking Charge of your Fertility' is fantastic, really simple to understand. I know not all applies to people with PCOS but charting is incredibly simplistic to understand and helps you understand your body.

Wishing you luck - keep us posted, let's hope we both actually OV sometime soon! I feel like that will be half the battle! image

• Options

Oh, I've also just bought some Agnus Castus - arrives tomorrow image x

• Options
    My previous post didn't go through and I have no idea why!

I was wondering if any of you ladies ever tried or had success with juicing. I watched a doc recently called 'fat, sick and nearly dead' which really inspired me. The guy goes on this long term juicing where all he eats is vegetables and fruit that is juiced. No solid food! It seems to have turned his health around, he lost loads of weight and overcame a majors health problem he suffered with for years.

So I was wondering if any of you fellow pcos sufferers had ever tried anything like this, and if so, what did it do to your pcos symptoms? And did it help you ttc?

I gave the juicing thing a go about 2 months ago (although I didn't juice completely as I still had the odd apple or banana). I only tried it for 2 weeks, but I have to say I hadn't felt that energetic and well in a long long while! It also made me lose almost a stone witching that time, which sounds crazy but it was so natural and I hadn't felt that healthy in so long. It didn't help me with ttc, but it impressed me enough to wonder if anybody who maybe stuck with it longer had any success.

I'd love to hear those stories!

Beeba x