Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Endometriosis, Endometrial Hyperplasia and Now PCOS... What Next?!

Hello ladies,

Back from another OBGYN appointment. Although I adore my doctor (which I feel lucky to say) I am exhausted- Mentally and physically.  With every appointment comes another wave of bad news and a bigger hurdle than the last. 

I began having painful and long lasting periods when I was 11. By the time I was 16 I was bleeding 3 weeks out of the month and desperate to make it stop. That's when I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I was put on a high dose birth control to supplement the estrogen my body wasn't getting. I had my first surgery (laparoscopy/DNC) at 22. I was then put back on the birth control and had relief from all symptoms for 1.5 years. I've been back at square one since. 

In Aug 2012, I married my best friend and high school sweetheart. I went off of birth control in April before the wedding to try and regulate my body. I knew we wanted to get pregnant as soon as we could- aware that the endo could effect us getting pregnant. 

We enjoyed being newlyweds and continued trying- symptoms and all. One year after stopping the birth control my symptoms became worse and worse. Forcing me back to surgery again; This time more extensive. The healing process has been dreadful- slow and painful. 

My Surgery turned up 2 major things as well as a bunch of little polyps, cysts, free fluid, endometrail hyperplasia and PCOS. 

I first have to endure 6 months of Lupron Depot (Oral) to treat the hyperplasia and then  have a biopsy. If I'm lucky- I can then start clomid. I'm hoping I have success. I know we will have a family no matter what and that there are other options out there but I want to experience it all and with my husband. I'm so discouraged. Please give me a bright side based off personal experience. How do I deal with this jealousy I have over others pregnancies? I've Always wanted to be a mom and run a household- not knowing what to expect is not my style n

The guilt I put on myself isn't helping- knowing my husband is perfect and it's me.

sigh, the baby struggle.... 

Replies

• I'm so, so sorry you're going through this. I can't even imagine how you must feel. I have PCOS, diagnosed 2006, but my symptoms are very mild in that I don't have anything to show for it other than irregular anovulatory cycles and random bleeding.  With the guilt thing, I understand that too (I married my childhood sweetheart too!), AND the envy of others' pregnancies... why is it some women can blink and be pregnant? image

I can't share personal experience, but my friend has severe endometriosis and managed to conceive. She was told she never would - there IS hope and there is support. 

I'm sorry I can't help you more than say I wish you the very, very best xxxx Will you keep us posted? x

• Just thought - two more things image

My cousin and his wife tried for 4 years with endo problems. No luck. IVF failed twice. They were rejected for adoption (because they didn't think she was ok with the fact she couldn't have children herself...like she's going to be HAPPY about it?!), thought they'd give things a break....and became pregnant. They now have a 1 year old baby boy image

My friend tried for 7 years with no luck. They tried everything. Eventually, they decided to stop and try for adoption. She now has 3 children 3 and under (twins and a brand new baby girl) - she says they're just as much hers as if she'd carried them herself. I know it's probably not the best thought right now, but there is pure happiness in other options too.

Lots of luck xx