Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Pain after op removal if cyst tube and ovary ... Anyone else share experience ?

Hi all I am recovering today from surgery yesterday. I have pcos on right ovary. My left ovary had a cyst size 5cm in April it was found after asking my gp for a referral to gyna ( had a previous cyst in 2006) so after more ultrasound and ct scan and meetings with gynaecologist it was decided that the cyst left ovary and tube was to be removed. Has anyone else had this done ? I have been discharged yesterday went in st 7.30, op was at 11.30 woke up at 1.30 and back to ward at 2.15 had morphine x2 during recovery but no pain from 2 pm til 8. Tried tea and half slice of toast and was sick yesterday when tried to go for a wee. Very painful to sit and I have to wait ages to wee even though I am desperate for a wee. I have noticed that where they took cyst ov and tube my tummy goes in a lot is this normal? Will it disappear? I would like to hear from anyone that's hasane e or similar procedure how long for recovery ? I'm only in pain when sitting down, lying down or standing is fine 

Replies

• How was the procedure done hun? Was it laparoscopic or open surgery? I had a laparoscopy last month and was in agony from the gas that they pump into you. I found peppermint tea and peppermint oil capsules helped loads. Hope the pain gets better soon xxx

• Hi Amy thanks for the reply. I had laparoscopy, I had one before to remove a cyst, only 3 cuts last time I have 5 now. Can I ask do you have a dip in the side they took out? I'm not too bad with the gas this time I was crying with it for days last time. I have some peppermint tea at the ready it only hurt a bit early wasn't too bad!! I'm just concerned about the dip. How long was your recovery? Where did you have it Done ?

• I just had a small cyst on my right ovary and internal bleeding, they also removed my appendix for good measure lol, I did have a small dip to start with, its probably due to the swelling, it went back to normal after a week or so. I know what you mean about the gas, I woke up crying every night because I was in so much pain I couldnt move! I was up and about the day after but only briefly because of the pain and I was exhausted, also found it really difficult to stand up straight so was hunched over which caused me to have back pain too. I was pretty much recovered by 2 weeks, but took another week off work just to be safe as I have a very manual job lots of lifting etc. Xx

• My mom keeps making me laugh which then hurts my tummy calling me hunch back!! I hope the dip goes its quite big!! When my aunt was 13 they took a cyst and appendix at the same time. Ye the gas is awful glad they took most of it out this time tho !!