Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Pcos one side. no periods trying to get pregnant any advice?

Hello all, I haven't had a period since October 2013 I went to the doctors recently and they run bloods everything was fine apart from my testostrone was on the little high side she told me she thinks it was pcos and sent me for a scan. I had my scan done a few days later which schowed I have 12 or more folicals in my left side but my right overy was fine I have another Apt with my doctor in 2 weeks time (few days for scan a month for my follow up!) but was wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation also could you still get pregnant with no periods at all? I've also been having added joint pain and headaches plus lots spots and added discharge (sorry tmi) if anyone has advice on this also would be great I'm not over weight I weigh about 7st7 and 4ft 10 (my dr told me still to lose weight ) and I'm a runner so I do exercise even though my joints have never been this bad. Many thanks image Xx

Replies

• Heya,

I'm still new to this site but maybe I can try to help...

All the symptoms you indicated do point a bit towards PCOS. I'd wait for the follow up before you make any drastic decisions.

Mhh... Ya that is normally the advice I give too. To lose weight and stay active but it seems like you've got that covered haha. (Hope the joints get better...)

There are a few other things you could try though like reducing the amount of processed food you eat. Reduce bread, rice or other starch intakes and instead eat more beans, lentils and chickpeas.

Trust me you'll need that energy from those legumes if you cut starch.

You'll probably lose weight too if you do this... That's how I personally lost about 9 kgs now...

As you are trying to conceive there are quite a few other things you can do that don't take a lot of effort but are often miss-looked. 

If you don't mind; I'll just link the article from our site so that I don't have to write everything out again haha.

8 Essential Getting Pregnant Tips ^^

I really hope this helps somehow...

But let us know what you're told in your follow-up.

And don't stress. Stress is bad for fertility ^^

• Hey

Thank you for replying!

My bmi is fine, a doctor I work with have said that I don't look like someone with pcos cos I'm not overweight :/ (I weigh 7st7 and wear size 6 work uniform about an 8 normally)

I shall defo look into the website you have posted regards to beans I'm illergic, but I'm ok with lentils image I only really eat a lot of carbs when I am trainning because when ya running 10 odd miles sometimes more on the run up to marathons you need them to keep going and often have carb gels to after about an hour and a half of running apart from that I wouldn't say my carb Intake was that bad I use my fitness pal to calculate my calories and it gives you %% of how much carbs protein etc you have had and how much your meant to have.

I have my apoitments on Tuesday so I'm gonna make sure I ask lots of questions recently also been very nausea and getting cramps in evening when I stop doing things so hopefully I'll get some answers!!!
  • Thanks for replying too! haha.

Ah okay. Ya I get those carb cravings too after hitting the gym so I know what you mean. ^^

Regarding protein I personally experienced when I started taking at least 20g protein within 30-60 min of waking up, so that's like 2 eggs, it helped a lot too for energy, cravings and just general well being.

I'm no doctor sadly lol but let me know at the website if there's anything I can do or research for you.

Sweet. Well I hope you find your answers tuesday!

• image thanks I'll try the eggs when I'm not workingimage work days I kinda get up wash and go then eat when I get home if too busy for a brake

I'll let you know how I get on Tuesday!
  • Have messages you on your website said username was scooby1989 wrong username it's this me lol
  • Hehe great stuff. Not sure whether you received my reply =)

Hope the follow-up came with good news or a plan.